The Student Room Group
I feel so unhappy here, wish I could run to yours.
England is a boring boring place with horrible weather so yes same
Reply 3
What country do you live in?
Reply 4
Original post by Grizzelex
I feel so unhappy here, wish I could run to yours.

Britain is one of the best developed countries in the world. Be grateful you were born here. Loads of people on the other side of the world dream of moving to a country like ours.
Regardless, moving to another city will probably do you some good. Trust me you can be very happy at one part of this country and very depressed at another.
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 6
Original post by rickyrossman
Moving to another city will probably do you some good. Trust me you can be very happy at one part of this country and very depressed at another.

Yeah i live in london and apparently its so fun but not to me i just want to leave completely
Original post by Mariak2001
Yeah i live in london and apparently its so fun but not to me i just want to leave completely

There you go, you've just solved your problem. London is known for making people very miserable. Expensive, materialistic, too many people, unfriendly. Move to a smaller city and you will not want to run away from the country.
I live in the countryside in Britan, boring but pretty and really quiet. sometimes I just wanna grow up and move to another country but I guess its normal since you have been there for long it's no longer exciting.
Original post by Mariak2001

Out of respect for my country and for myself I won't disclose that on this thread.
Britain is one of the best developed countries in the world. Be grateful you were born here. Loads of people on the other side of the world dream of moving to a country like ours.
Regardless, moving to another city will probably do you some good. Trust me you can be very happy at one part of this country and very depressed at another.

I agree, which is why I wished I could move there. I'm not that fortunate, however. The UK has alot of opportunities to offer which persons from developing countries can only wish for.
If not then New Zealand. It's such a nice country. Maybe go travelling and work around the world? You'll make friends and experience new cultures and I'm sure you will find your place in the world :smile:
Original post by soccer827
I live in the countryside in Britan, boring but pretty and really quiet. sometimes I just wanna grow up and move to another country but I guess its normal since you have been there for long it's no longer exciting.

You sound like you'd be happier living closer to a city centre. Suburb'ish areas can be very quiet with not much going on.
You sound like you'd be happier living closer to a city centre. Suburb'ish areas can be very quiet with not much going on.

Yeah I used to live in the city centre then we moved to here and I don't mind it but there ain't no people/friends my age here to play with, its all just elder people lol

Yeah and im not being ungrateful for the opportunites i have i 100% am but some things are not the same for everyone some people dream to live here and others dream to leave here and experience the outer world and different cultures.
There are advantages and disadvantages everywhere. The grass isn’t always greener and it’s often a trade off for one thing for another and then it often comes down to what is more important out of those trade offs.

What exactly are you unhappy with?
London is a shithole. Personal opinion. Travel there once a week, but also live in a built up city just outside London and it's dire. Personally not a fan of concrete jungles, air pollution, skatty people, chronically rushing, traffic, more crime, multiculturalism, noise pollution and EMF (linked to high cortisol and stress) absolutely everywhere.

But I stick it out because my uni is in a city haha, thank the lord Christ I'm nearly done. My actual family home is right at the bottom of the country, a stones throw from the beach (the hoegration to the beach in summer is lit). Peaceful, quite, nice people of similar culture, sense of community, all my real decent lads I've known since day dot, great gym and sauna, plenty of countryside... and of course free food in the cupboards 24/7! Bun globalist city life right off.
(edited 6 years ago)
I grew up in a quiet town in the south, and was really miserable. When I finished 6th form I moved to the US for a year.

Though I am far happier here and love being in a different culture, there are definitely advantages and disadvantages to each one and I'm not sure that changing countries is necessary. Even within the UK you can find different cultures and different groups of people. That said you could maybe find a short term way of experiencing a different country or culture to gain some perspective without uprooting you life such as au pairing?

At this point I don't want to go back to living in England, and next year I will be going to university in a different country, but depending on the reasons you are unhappy, going to a different country won't necessarily resolve them.

I hope you feel happier soon :smile:
Reply 17
i never was more unhappy like now ! hate this country : peace !
Tbh USA just with universal healthcare would be amazing. Weather in the UK is dull and it's always dark so you can't go to the beach or be outside at night just in a tee. Even though I have never been really sick I don't wanna end up bankrupt for having a heart attack or an accident so USA isn't for me.

OP: I assume you're 18 with the 2001 in your name? Have you considered a gap year in Australia or New Zealand?
Original post by Life_Order
Tbh USA just with universal healthcare would be amazing. Weather in the UK is dull and it's always dark so you can't go to the beach or be outside at night just in a tee. Even though I have never been really sick I don't wanna end up bankrupt for having a heart attack or an accident so USA isn't for me.

OP: I assume you're 18 with the 2001 in your name? Have you considered a gap year in Australia or New Zealand?

Thread is a year old, please dont bump old threads

Latest