The Student Room Group

Breaking news: Explosion in Leicester

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
From pictures it looks like a gas explosion, no reports of counter terrorism or armed police being deployed and it doesn’t seem to fit the typical terrorist target
(edited 6 years ago)
It looks like it happened at a convenience store.
Explosions/fires happen all the time it is a part of living in a large city. Stop blaming terrorism.
My thoughts were gas explosion as a Londis shop is hardly a terrorist target #1.
Original post by Haviland-Tuf
Explosions/fires happen all the time it is a part of living in a large city. Stop blaming terrorism.

Who's blaming terrorism on this thread?
No one ever said it was terror related, but is obviously a major incident and hopefully no one has been hurt or killed.
Original post by Blue_Cow
Who's blaming terrorism on this thread?

Oh you haven't been on twitter?
https://twitter.com/search?q=leicester&src=typd
Looking like an accidental explosion.

At least for now that's what it's looking like to me, could be wrong.
(edited 6 years ago)

No. I don't tend to use Twitter when events like this occur and all sorts of unverified theories are being spouted out.
It seems that the entire shop has been oblitirated. Hopefully no one was living on the second floor of the corner shop.
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by Rock Fan
No one ever said it was terror related, but is obviously a major incident and hopefully no one has been hurt or killed.

Its sad that nowadays people see explosion on the news they immediately think its a terrorist attack.

The only tweet I saw that suggested that it was a bomb was one posted by Nick Griffin.
Original post by stoyfan
The only tweet I saw that suggested that it was a bomb was one posted by Nick Griffin.

You clearly haven't scrolled down far enough. I stopped reading after I stumbled on one posting the racial demo breakdown of Leicester and sarcastically asking what the cause of the explosion could be. Also that's just one thread I linked there are more comments in other threads. Feel free to look for them but I'm just disgusted by these people but I am not surprised.

This isn't twitter though, so why make posts aimed at twitter on here?
Hopefully no one is hurt
Original post by ReadySalted28
Hopefully no one is hurt

And if they are hurt, I hope they get the compensation, love and support deserved. No Grenfell Tower ****.
Original post by Chaz254
This isn't twitter though, so why make posts aimed at twitter on here?

I never said it was aimed at twitter so I have no idea where you got that from. And as I didn't quote anybody in this thread you can also assume that I didn't direct it anybody here. Why are you guys making this about me? (rhetorical question please don't respond or quote me). I can see where this is going and I want no part in it.
Original post by Kaffee_1998
Its sad that nowadays people see explosion on the news they immediately think its a terrorist attack.

Exactly this.

But you get idiots like Nick Griffin saying this: https://twitter.com/NickGriffinBU/status/967854931091869696
Original post by RoyalSheepy
Exactly this.

But you get idiots like Nick Griffin saying this: https://twitter.com/NickGriffinBU/status/967854931091869696

Yeah but who really gives a fu*k about what Nick Griffin says anyway.

But that being said its a reasonable assumption to make giving the times we live in.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending