The Student Room Group

STD even if vergin?

Hi guys.

I read online that someone can catch STD even if the couple is vergin, so they have to use condom in any case.

It is true?

When I say vergin I intend any kind of sexual activity.

Thanks
WiSi.
(edited 6 years ago)
You mean "Virgin", STDs can be transmitted through oral contact, i.e kissing (Chlamidya, & herpes). Common amongst teenagers, which is running rampant in British sixthforms is glandular fever, so look out for that.
Therefore, even without sexual intercourse, it is still possible to contract one. In addition to this, sharing needles can transmit blood related diseases such as AIDs or HIV*. HIV can be latent, as a retrovirus, it can reversibly transcribed into double stranded DNA, which can be intergrated into the hosts chromosome by intergrase. This defies central dogma of DNA synthesis. Being intergrated, HIV enters the lysogenic phase, where under certain environmental stimuli, can be triggered into the lytic pathway. The fact that HIV is intergrated into the chromosome, means that the virus can spread via blood.
Reply 2
Original post by Science99999
You mean "Virgin", STDs can be transmitted through oral contact, i.e kissing (Chlamidya, & herpes). Common amongst teenagers, which is running rampant in British sixthforms is glandular fever, so look out for that.
Therefore, even without sexual intercourse, it is still possible to contract one. In addition to this, sharing needles can transmit blood related diseases such as AIDs or HIV*. HIV can be latent, as a retrovirus, it can reversibly transcribed into double stranded DNA, which can be intergrated into the hosts chromosome by intergrase. This defies central dogma of DNA synthesis. Being intergrated, HIV enters the lysogenic phase, where under certain environmental stimuli, can be triggered into the lytic pathway. The fact that HIV is intergrated into the chromosome, means that the virus can spread via blood.

Yes, but I said that with vergin I intend a person that never had a sexual act, of any kind, with no one.
Reply 3
With all that in mind, the very notion is vergin on the ridiculous.
Reply 4
Let's also suppose that a couple do a test to try to find if they have a STD, and they results negative to all of them.
Now, if they start to have sexual act, they can get a STD, if they do not use condom, considering the possibility of taking it from something that is not a sexual act?
Yes certainly. You can get STDs from kissing, oral and anal. Though its much more likely with the latter than the former. But the question is what's the probability of getting STDs given that you're a virgin? Very, very low.
Original post by WiSi
Yes, but I said that with vergin I intend a person that never had a sexual act, of any kind, with no one.

virgin*

Like the guy above said, you can get it from kissing. Kissing is not sexual activity. A guy can be virgin and still kiss. In short, Yes you can.
Reply 7
Original post by rickyrossman
Yes certainly. You can get STDs from kissing, oral and anal. Though its much more likely with the latter than the former. But the question is what's the probability of getting STDs given that you're a virgin? Very, very low.

So let's suppose that a couple, a man and a woman do a test and they result negative to all the STD.
They start to have regular sex acts.

They can get the STD, because one of them contracted it from a place?

Thanks.

P.S Can't understand why my T9 convert virgin in vergin automatically
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 8
Original post by WiSi
So let's suppose that a couple, a man and a woman do a test and they result negative to all the STD.
They start to have regular sex acts.

They can get the STD, because one of them contracted it from a place?

Thanks.

P.S Can't understand why my T9 convert virgin in vergin automatically

No, you can’t get an STD from someone who is STD free. But people do lie about their sexual history, so using a condom just in case is recommended unless you really trust someone or get tested.
Reply 9
Original post by cat_mac
No, you can’t get an STD from someone who is STD free. But people do lie about their sexual history, so using a condom just in case is recommended unless you really trust someone or get tested.

This should be the true.
By I read online a forum of a doctor where he recommended to use condom every time, to avoid STD, even if the risk is very low.

Very low doesn't mean o risk.

What if a person of the couple had kissed a people that have STD or used a glass that was used by a person with std that leaved spit on it?
Original post by UWS
Maybe if bobs and vegene were involved.

Calm down @UWS you’ll start to sound like @Fasih123 if you’re not careful xD

Quick Reply

Latest