The Student Room Group

What to do if you won't meet uni conditions??

I've applied to University of Lancaster, Sussex, Reading, Manchester and Queen Mary's and got conditionals from them all. I have an ABB in my AS, and i'm not sure if i'll be able to meet the requirements this year. Anyone else facing a similar issue?
Reply 1
Original post by Noor Haider
I've applied to University of Lancaster, Sussex, Reading, Manchester and Queen Mary's and got conditionals from them all. I have an ABB in my AS, and i'm not sure if i'll be able to meet the requirements this year. Anyone else facing a similar issue?

Last year when I did my A2s I missed the requirements by a landslide. A levels weren't for me. I decided to stay at college and do a Foundation Year to qualify me for uni and now I have an unconditional at Sheffield Hallam. I would suggest looking into Access or Foundation diplomas if you do happen to miss the requirements. Also maybe try emailing the universities and see what they suggest?
Reply 2
Original post by mollyjm
Last year when I did my A2s I missed the requirements by a landslide. A levels weren't for me. I decided to stay at college and do a Foundation Year to qualify me for uni and now I have an unconditional at Sheffield Hallam. I would suggest looking into Access or Foundation diplomas if you do happen to miss the requirements. Also maybe try emailing the universities and see what they suggest?

I'd have to take a gap year to apply for foundation years then won't I?
Reply 3
Original post by Noor Haider
I'd have to take a gap year to apply for foundation years then won't I?

Yep. In my experience it's completely worth it.
(edited 6 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending