The Student Room Group

Is an interview acceptance?

I have an interview for my sixth form on the 28th, so in 3 days, does this mean i have been accepted into the sixth form or is it an interview to decide my place. Thanks
Original post by cryssan
I have an interview for my sixth form on the 28th, so in 3 days, does this mean i have been accepted into the sixth form or is it an interview to decide my place. Thanks

Almost certainly the latter. the interview is to decide whether they should offer you a place, unless the letter says otherwise. You should have been preparing.
Reply 2
Original post by 999tigger
Almost certainly the latter. the interview is to decide whether they should offer you a place, unless the letter says otherwise. You should have been preparing.

I see, okay thank you for clearing that up
No, it's just an interview. They will need to inform you of the result at some point after.
Make sure you ask your interviewer when you'll know if you've been accepted!
We have no way of knowing.
Did you go to school there? I thought you were instantly offered a place at your schools sixth form (providing you put in effort and showed you wanted to be there)
Original post by LillyLisaa
Did you go to school there? I thought you were instantly offered a place at your schools sixth form (providing you put in effort and showed you wanted to be there)

Hi,

While it's very normal for someone to carry on their studies at a sixth from which is attached their school, the school isn't obliged to offer a place to every student.

It usually depends on the individual’s grades as well as how that person has conducted themselves in the time they have been at school.

It can also come down to simple numbers, sometimes there are too few sixth form places available for everyone applying.

I hope this helps!

Tom National Careers Service Team
Reply 7
Original post by LillyLisaa

No I didn't go there, they only take people aged 16-18 years. My school does do a sixth form but I would honestly rather not, if you know what I mean

Quick Reply

Latest