The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Computerslife
When i tried to open stuff of the vm it doesnt work, like the first thing im supposed to open through the tutorial

Which bit? You can't even boot up the VM or the things inside it after boot up?
Original post by juju2964
Which bit? You can't even boot up the VM or the things inside it after boot up?

So uno how in the field manual they have a zip folder and they tell you to click one certain thing which is supposed to open in the vm. When i do that it says failed to open or something
Reply 382
Make sure to extract it to '/tmp/' and it will work :smile:

Yeah It's weird I worked out the pwd as the error message (except) for the correct pwd was different to the rest. I hard coded the number into extract() and it worked.
Original post by Computerslife
So uno how in the field manual they have a zip folder and they tell you to click one certain thing which is supposed to open in the vm. When i do that it says failed to open or something

Have you downloaded the correct VM application? VMWare for windows and VMBox for macOs?
ON hq 6 level 3 i type in terminal: ssh username@host -p port : and from this i get ssh timed out. please can someone tell me what i am doing wrong

P.S: i do change username, host and port to what they give me.
Original post by SPooks234456789
ON hq 6 level 3 i type in terminal: ssh username@host -p port : and from this i get ssh timed out. please can someone tell me what i am doing wrong

P.S: i do change username, host and port to what they give me.

Try refreshing the page.
Ok. Thanks
im stuck on level 9 challenge 12
i need help with level 9 challenge 12
Download the VM application on your computer according to the tutorial in the field manual. Then download the VM stuff also on the tutorial.

Once booted up in VM, open chromium and then navigate to the website by typing 'cyber discovery game' in google (should pop up). Then go to the right challenge etc..

To complete some challenges you will need terminal experience and I suggest reading ALL the field manual especially the linux terminal section. :smile: hope this helps.

thanks:h: I tried to login but it brings me back to the same login page with no error message. what do i do?:s-smilie:
Original post by Fatima3660
thanks:h: I tried to login but it brings me back to the same login page with no error message. what do i do?:s-smilie:

What do you mean? where are you logging in to? :smile:
What do you mean? where are you logging in to? :smile:

into the cyberdiscovery game website
Original post by Fatima3660
into the cyberdiscovery game website

I don't know try downloading Firefox then
the URL for L7 C3?
Can someone help with L5 C1,2,9,12 they are all about the same thing but i dont know what to do
Original post by Purplebottle
Can someone help with L5 C1,2,9,12 they are all about the same thing but i dont know what to do

I can help with level 5 because i have completed it. PM me
Original post by Ravish_Cejuswah
Not yet, but I have noticed that GET Requests in the URL do not reset when the page tries to reload. (I have tried adding "?hidden=false" and other random headers to the end of the URL.) This may be something to do with the answer or maybe not, still haven't found it yet..

Have you got this one yet. i have worked it out now
Original post by sharkmoos
the URL for L7 C3?

Do you need help. i have completed it now
Anyone done level 10 challenge 11. Ik how to bypass the filter but i don’t see the file and can’t change directory or use ls -a
Original post by j_ahmed01
Anyone done level 10 challenge 11. Ik how to bypass the filter but i don’t see the file and can’t change directory or use ls -a

Yep pm the question and level :wink:

Latest

Trending

Trending