The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

He's so mad.

Wouldn't 1-2 be around him this evening.
Reply 401
Original post by Louis.
He's so mad.

Wouldn't 1-2 be around him this evening.

That would imply that United actually can win big games away from home.
Original post by Jimmy Seville
smh all these african football experts

Put some respek on my continent you absolute peasant.
Original post by trapking
@Rk2k14 what you sayin now?

I wish Lukaku scored that bicycle kick as well easily today's MOTM.

That pace and power at the end as well. He's only gonna get better >>>>>>

Also Morata dives more than Neymar ffs :rofl:

That fraud continuing to stat pad against **** teams.

My number 9 was too busy eating the grass>>>
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by Rk2k14
That fraud continuing to stat pad against **** teams. NotMyNumber9.

:laugh:
What we saying about Pogba? Spinning the French Mo Farah yet again.

Thought he was still looked a bit short of confidence but grew in the 2nd half. My no.6.
I thought Pogba looked really lost in the first half but that's understandable as Mou explained it in his post match press conference. The team was told to play a new kind of formation that we haven't played in before all season so that explains why we looked a bit lost/poor first half.

Second half Mou changed the formation and we looked much more solid and in control. Pogba was much better second half but one thing that disgusts me about Pogba is if you look at Sanchez, Lingard and Lukaku their working their socks off pressing, fighting for every ball but Pogba was literally strolling and walking around...

At one point towards the end when we were defending the result there was a throw in and Pogba didn't even compete for the ball just watched it happen....he needs to understand what this shirt means. I have to say even though I've doubted Lingard as a first teamer he shows he has the passion it honestly made me so happy and proud to see him fight for every ball and move around being a nuisance and he deserves his goal. Post match Lukaku actually said he told Lingard that everytime he gets the ball on the wing get in the box and i will find you...

Nice to know they are practising and communicating.
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 409
Original post by SirAlexFerguson

Does your chicken need seasoning?
Original post by qasidb
This was the first game this season we've won from a losing position right?

First time Chelsea have dropped points from a winning position too... 👀
Original post by Lúcio
First time Chelsea have dropped points from a winning position too... 👀

United and Chelsea were the only teams this season (in the PL) that when they take the lead they end up winning the game.

Not only did we ruin Chelsea's party today but we came from behind to win the game for the first time this season. We are also apparently on the same points tally as Fergie's best season at United thus far....

#MourinhoDoingWondersHere
(edited 6 years ago)
Good to see Matic put in good performance. Thought he, Lukaku and Pogba were our standout players.
Reply 413
United and Chelsea were the only teams this season (in the PL) that when they take the lead they end up winning the game.

Not only did we ruin Chelsea's party today but we came from behind to win the game for the first time this season. We are also apparently on the same points tally as Fergie's best season at United thus far....

#MourinhoDoingWondersHere

Nope you're not. Even if you win every game you're 1 point short of that(you got 90 points in 08/09)
Original post by Jimmy Seville
Morata still hasn't proved anything against a top 4 side.

IMG_20180225_161613.jpg

Refs are **** for a league that invests so much money in everything else. You lot were better in the second half but that helps when the ref doesn't book your enforcer until the 84th minute despite the 5/6 fouls he made in the first half.

Moratas butt and shoulder are offside
First good game as well by Smalling and Lindelof? Delighted to see Lindelof playing (look at Sanchez at Spurs) and now Bailly is back
I thought Pogba looked really lost in the first half but that's understandable as Mou explained it in his post match press conference. The team was told to play a new kind of formation that we haven't played in before all season so that explains why we looked a bit lost/poor first half.

Second half Mou changed the formation and we looked much more solid and in control. Pogba was much better second half but one thing that disgusts me about Pogba is if you look at Sanchez, Lingard and Lukaku their working their socks off pressing, fighting for every ball but Pogba was literally strolling and walking around...

At one point towards the end when we were defending the result there was a throw in and Pogba didn't even compete for the ball just watched it happen....he needs to understand what this shirt means. I have to say even though I've doubted Lingard as a first teamer he shows he has the passion it honestly made me so happy and proud to see him fight for every ball and move around being a nuisance and he deserves his goal. Post match Lukaku actually said he told Lingard that everytime he gets the ball on the wing get in the box and i will find you...

Nice to know they are practising and communicating.

Jesse is our new supersub - the new Chicharito
Original post by That Bearded Man
Moratas butt and shoulder are offside

Learn the offside rule and use your eyes/common sense.
Thought he went under the radar a bit but Martial was a positive yesterday. First of all Jose started him, on the left, in a massive game. Not his most offensive performance but no doubt he had an eye on fulfilling the defensive duties Jose will have required. Did well to put Sanchez in for what should have been a better quality shot, and got his assist for Lukaku's goal. Although the goal was a bit scrappy I though for a player who at times has risked settling too much in that left wing role of the 4-2-3-1, just like Arsenal and Watford being the games springing to mind he can play well infield as more of a forward.

I really prefer the 4-3-3 and I think it benefits nearly all the players in our team. Although I still do think the 4-2-3-1 has its place especially when we're playing Mata.

Must say as likeable as they are after all these years, our fullback situation is dire. They have never been able to defend properly as converted wingers but even offensively, nothing compared to what Spurs or City are getting out of theirs.
Lindelof with another solid performance. Gonna need his passing against Liverpool.

With Bailly back hopefully them two can get a run together.

Latest