The Student Room Group

Online- Falling in love

I don't understand. How do people fall in love online without actually knowing the person even so exists? Or okay, kudos to you, you phone each other etc but you've not met, how can you claim 'love'?
So many times I see posts like this on tsr, how quickly do you all get attached to someone romantically...

Maybe it's just me but I don't get it. So if you do, explain.

Scroll to see replies

its the energy, lul
For me, I fell in love with her personality. When I met up with her, that was when I officially fell in love with her.
Original post by I'mJustSomeGuy
For me, I fell in love with her personality. When I met up with her, that was when I officially fell in love with her.

I think this is what tends to happen.
Original post by I'mJustSomeGuy

Ah this one makes sense.

Original post by Ninja Squirrel
I think this is what tends to happen.

It's when the online personality doesn't match up in person that people realise they were in love with their own idea of the person then. I get it.
Reply 5
God knows. I think they fall in love with the online character.
I think it's mostly virgins who've never had relationships before who experience this kind of thing. They don't really know what love is (tbh I'm not sure I do yet either) so they think 'really liking someone' and having a crush means they're in love. Jokes on them when they realise they've been talking to a 50yo paedophile
Original post by Anonymous
I think it's mostly virgins who've never had relationships before who experience this kind of thing. They don't really know what love is (tbh I'm not sure I do yet either) so they think 'really liking someone' and having a crush means they're in love. Jokes on them when they realise they've been talking to a 50yo paedophile

There is such thing as facetime and snapchat
Original post by h333
God knows. I think they fall in love with the online character.

That's what I thought, which would then lead to disappointment if not hurt.

Original post by Anonymous

But it's not always virgins, thus far I've seen. Though I agree with 'really liking someone' and interpreting that as love.
Original post by Jheinexx
There is such thing as facetime and snapchat

Facetime and snapchat I can maybe understand to some extent.
But of course, they can still be different in real life but it can feel like love! :smile:
But of course, they can still be different in real life but it can feel like love! :smile:

You've experienced this?
Reply 12
Yh sadly. People should be more careful online.
no but ive had crushes online
Original post by h333
Yh sadly. People should be more careful online.

Easier to fall in love offline tbh. Online, I feel like is nostly a mirage. So call me naive or closed-mided for thinking so, but I don't see online as a place people can claim love on online communications alone.
no but ive had crushes online

crushes is far from love though.
agreed
Reply 17
Really? Idk tbh I’ve not been in love with a guy (All praise is due to Allah). I only believe in real love after marriage. As for online, I’m only on TSR. I have noticed that people can develop feelings for others online because of TSR. Tbh I find it hard to believe and funny at times.
You don't love your friends for how they look,

a relationship is just one step further than friendship, If you consider love to be on a spectrum.
Original post by h333
Really? Idk tbh I’ve not been in love with a guy (All praise is due to Allah). I only believe in real love after marriage. As for online, I’m only on TSR. I have noticed that people can develop feelings for others online because of TSR. Tbh I find it hard to believe and funny at times.

i haven't either but from others conversations it seems so. Alhamdulliah for that sis. I think real lobe only comes one way and that's love attached to Allah. Develop feelings I can get but TSR takes it to another level sometimes

Original post by MusicmaestroBAR
You don't love your friends for how they look,

a relationship is just one step further than friendship, If you consider love to be on a spectrum.

Hmmm I supoose one could argue that but I wasn't talking about looks anyway.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending