The Student Room Group

Anyone else hate modern day Feminism?

I mean, as a woman I am all for equal rights between men and women.. but I just feel like feminists nowadays just take it to a whole new level and want to be above men rather than equal. And if that's the case then it makes them just as bad as the oppressive men the original feminists from back in the days were trying to fight. When feminism started off, it was all about having a say, having the right to vote or work or drive etc. Now? You tell me.

Scroll to see replies

I don't want to live in a world with modern feminism. Please kill me
Reply 2
Original post by I'mJustSomeGuy
I don't want to live in a world with modern feminism. Please kill me

What would you like to change about it
Original post by DabThruALevels
What would you like to change about it

I wouldn't, I want to erase it from existence
Reply 4
I wouldn't, I want to erase it from existence

You hate women don't you.
You hate women don't you.

Yes thats why I'm in love with one
Reply 6
Yes thats why I'm in love with one

O rly
O rly

Yeah silly :tongue:
Really? You worry about that **** at 1am in the morning?
Reply 9
Yeah I also hate it because they actually question whether I'm going to pay towards everything :rolleyes: do you remember the good old days when men were men and realised it was THEIR JOB to pay for everything? Like why the hell should I pay to be on a date with you lol what a joke, thanks a lot 'feminists'
Original post by Carpe Diem Jay
Really? You worry about that **** at 1am in the morning?

Yeah, it bugs me is all
Reply 11
I mean, as a woman I am all for equal rights between men and women.. but I just feel like feminists nowadays just take it to a whole new level and want to be above men rather than equal. And if that's the case then it makes them just as bad as the oppressive men the original feminists from back in the days were trying to fight. When feminism started off, it was all about having a say, having the right to vote or work or drive etc. Now? You tell me.

When did you come back?? I do agree by the way.
Original post by Rachelgg
Yeah I also hate it because they actually question whether I'm going to pay towards everything :rolleyes: do you remember the good old days when men were men and realised it was THEIR JOB to pay for everything? Like why the hell should I pay to be on a date with you lol what a joke, thanks a lot 'feminists'

It's true, i like men to be actual men.

Here's the thing. One minute modern day feminists say yes lets be equal but the next they so greedy the want the man to pay for everything. I mean, me personally, i like a gentleman but i feel like that aspect is being taken away by mixed messages and absurd expectations.
I absolutely detest the extreme variant of modern feminism that's on the rise. Pure idiocy. As for equality among the sexes i.e. what feminism actually is? Sign me right up.
Original post by Black Water
When did you come back?? I do agree by the way.

Approximately 10 minutes ago :lol:
Forgive me, i don't remember you. Did you have a different username before?
It's true, i like men to be actual men.

Here's the thing. One minute modern day feminists say yes lets be equal but the next they so greedy the want the man to pay for everything. I mean, me personally, i like a gentleman but i feel like that aspect is being taken away by mixed messages and absurd expectations.

Same. And then taking it to extreme levels like getting offended because a man opened the door for you - since when did feminism mean you can't do something nice for someone???
Reply 16
Approximately 10 minutes ago :lol:
Forgive me, i don't remember you. Did you have a different username before?

Yes it’s S2M, changed my name a while back. :smile:
Yes, I think it is a sexist and hypocritical ideology.
Original post by Rachelgg
Same. And then taking it to extreme levels like getting offended because a man opened the door for you - since when did feminism mean you can't do something nice for someone???

Exactly! I mean it literally lifts my mood when a guy opens the door for me. I don't see how it could possibly be offensive to have manners.

Not just that, this other tits-out movement. Nonsense! As a straight woman, i don't want to walk around and see another woman's boobs eww. Like they need to calm their arses. Do they want frozen, wrinkled nipples jeeze.

Original post by Black Water
Yes it’s S2M, changed my name a while back. :smile:

I find it weird that i instantly remember you now :lol: what did we used to bond over? Was it tv shows? Prison Break?
Reply 19
Exactly! I mean it literally lifts my mood when a guy opens the door for me. I don't see how it could possibly be offensive to have manners.

Not just that, this other tits-out movement. Nonsense! As a straight woman, i don't want to walk around and see another woman's boobs eww. Like they need to calm their arses. Do they want frozen, wrinkled nipples jeeze.

I find it weird that i instantly remember you now :lol: what did we used to bond over? Was it tv shows? Prison Break?

That’s good. :smile: No one else usually does. Yes it was Prison Break.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending