The Student Room Group

UCAS Extra is OPEN! Where are you applying?

UCAS Extra gives you an 'extra' chance to gain a place at university. If you used all five of your choices on your original application and you’re not holding an offer, or if you've just changed your mind about the courses or unis you originally applied for, Extra is for you!

More info:
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/university/apply/what-is-ucas-extra

Also:
https://www.ucas.com/ucas/undergraduate/apply-and-track/track-your-application/extra-choices

Are you applying via Extra? If so you can mention your extra university and course in here.

Good luck!
(edited 6 years ago)
how do you find which courses are in extra?
Reply 2
Original post by Yipyipee
how do you find which courses are in extra?

Use UCAS Search, but just be careful because it might include courses that aren't actually available. Universities have to remove courses manually and it sometimes takes them a while to do so.

If you see a course it's best to contact the university and ask them to confirm if it's open.
(edited 6 years ago)
thanks!!
Reply 4
Is the search tool working now? It still isn’t showing the filter for extra for me. :nothing:
Original post by cat_mac
Is the search tool working now? It still isn’t showing the filter for extra for me. :nothing:

It's not working for me either - I've asked UCAS' twitter account to see if it's an issue everyone has right now. Will let you know what they say when they reply.
Reply 6
Original post by cat_mac

Original post by EstelOfTheEyrie
It's not working for me either - I've asked UCAS' twitter account to see if it's an issue everyone has right now. Will let you know what they say when they reply.

Try this in the Search Filters?
Screen Shot 2018-02-26 at 12.06.56.jpg
Original post by Doonesbury
Try this in the Search Filters?
Screen Shot 2018-02-26 at 12.06.56.jpg

That's what I've been using, and UCAS did tweet back saying "you can use the normal search and as long as they have vacancies you can apply to the uni via Extra'

So maybe we have to just use that instead and just phone the university to double check??
I want to keep some offers for backup can I not make another UCAS account for Extra?
Reply 9
Original post by Guinevere Arthur
I want to keep some offers for backup can I not make another UCAS account for Extra?

Nope, you can only have one account.

But there's nothing to stop you contacting some universities/courses you find in Extra.

Original post by EstelOfTheEyrie
That's what I've been using, and UCAS did tweet back saying "you can use the normal search and as long as they have vacancies you can apply to the uni via Extra'

So maybe we have to just use that instead and just phone the university to double check??

Yep :smile:
Done! Applied for Criminology with psychology (foundation year) at UWE Bristol. :woo:

Good luck everyone!
Original post by cat_mac
Done! Applied for Criminology with psychology (foundation year) at UWE Bristol. :woo:

Good luck everyone!

Hope you get an offer!:biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending