The Student Room Group

JP Morgan Apprenticeship 2018: Insight Evening

I'm through to the insight evening of JP Morgan 2018 finance apprenticeship in two weeks. Is anyone else through or have any information about what to expect?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hi! I'm also through to the insight evening, what date are you attending?
Reply 2
21 Feb, you?
Reply 3
How did you find the insight evening?, I’m going tonight

Original post by fred9702
21 Feb, you?
Reply 4
Original post by Emilyjones2311
I'm through to the insight evening of JP Morgan 2018 finance apprenticeship in two weeks. Is anyone else through or have any information about what to expect?

Have you been to the insight evening yet?, I’m going today
Reply 5
Original post by KCog
How did you find the insight evening?, I’m going tonight

Hi, I am attending the insight evening tomorrow and I just wanted to know how you found the experience and what to expect? Is there anything I should be preparing for? Any advice is helpful. Thanks in advance.. I am SO nervous !
Reply 6
Original post by PureK
Hi, I am attending the insight evening tomorrow and I just wanted to know how you found the experience and what to expect? Is there anything I should be preparing for? Any advice is helpful. Thanks in advance.. I am SO nervous !

Don’t be nervous - it’s fine. It’s basically a network evening where u speak to J.P. managers who r looking to see how interested u r in working for them - they make notes after speaking to each candidate. Just be positive, confident and show interest in the company. You won’t get to speak to every manager as there are so many there but just make a good impression on the ones that u do speak to - good luck
Reply 7
do the managers ask you questions or are you expected to ask them questions? what sort of questions do they ask?
Reply 8
Original post by jabz10
do the managers ask you questions or are you expected to ask them questions? what sort of questions do they ask?

Both really - more of a conversation. They will ask questions about u and I asked about the job / company
Original post by Emilyjones2311

I have the Insight Evening tomorrow at 5pm. I have just done some research on assessed networking online son have a few question ideas in mind. I saw on another post that there is no need to be nervous - it tends to be more of a conversation, the managers ask about us and our interests and we can ask them from anything to do with their job role to their personal interests as well.
On my assessment centre visit, I spoke to one of the lovely apprentices from Cohort 4 at Bournemouth. For her it was the most nerve-wracking stages but she provided me with some great advice. Don't be afraid to ask people about their job role if you don't understand. She used to be shy but JP Morgan gave her great confidence.

Good luck everyone!
Sorry it is not overly helpful but I will update you on my experience when I have completed it.

xxx :smile:
Reply 10
Hi Emily how did you find the insight evening?
Reply 11
Original post by KCog
Both really - more of a conversation. They will ask questions about u and I asked about the job / company

Hi Jabz how did you find the insight evening?
Reply 12
Original post by PureK
Hi Jabz how did you find the insight evening?

Yeah it wasn't too bad, i think i probably spoke to about 8 managers within the time, which went incredibly fast btw. Most of the questions they asked, i had sort of prepared for already and so overall it was okay tbh. Have you heard back from them yet? I was told that they'd let me know by Friday.
Reply 13
Original post by jabz10
Yeah it wasn't too bad, i think i probably spoke to about 8 managers within the time, which went incredibly fast btw. Most of the questions they asked, i had sort of prepared for already and so overall it was okay tbh. Have you heard back from them yet? I was told that they'd let me know by Friday.

Yeah I got through about 7 managers aswell! I deffo could have done with more time! It wasn’t as bad as I thought especially once you get chatting. Yeah Friday or the latest Monday I was told. They have another insight evening tonight! It’s crazy how many applicants there are!
Original post by PureK
Yeah I got through about 7 managers as well! I deffo could have done with more time! It wasn’t as bad as I thought especially once you get chatting. Yeah, Friday or the latest Monday I was told. They have another insight evening tonight! It’s crazy how many applicants there are!

I got an email today saying that decisions on who progresses to the next stage will be made next week if you applied for the London one and attended the IE on Feb 27th, can someone shed some light on this?
Original post by thatboylemon
I got an email today saying that decisions on who progresses to the next stage will be made next week if you applied for the London one and attended the IE on Feb 27th, can someone shed some light on this?

The Wednesday IE has been postponed to Tuesday 6th March. Therefore, all candidates will find out whether they have been successful to the next stage by Friday 9th March.

I had the IE on 27th Feb for the London apprenticeship.

Charlotte :smile:
Original post by lottiedx
The Wednesday IE has been postponed to Tuesday 6th March. Therefore, all candidates will find out whether they have been successful to the next stage by Friday 9th March.

I had the IE on 27th Feb for the London apprenticeship.

Charlotte :smile:

PM me for a sec because I think I remember you from the IE.
Original post by thatboylemon
PM me for a sec because I think I remember you from the IE.

Hi guys, I think I remember you both from the insight evening. How did you find getting home after the one in London?
Original post by jackjoycejj
Hi guys, I think I remember you both from the insight evening. How did you find getting home after the one in London?

I only live in Bromley so it didn't take long at all - I was on a train at London Bridge at 7:35. How about you?
Reply 19
Original post by KCog
Don’t be nervous - it’s fine. It’s basically a network evening where u speak to J.P. managers who r looking to see how interested u r in working for them - they make notes after speaking to each candidate. Just be positive, confident and show interest in the company. You won’t get to speak to every manager as there are so many there but just make a good impression on the ones that u do speak to - good luck

Thank you for your advice, it wasn't at all scary as i thought it would be. Once i got chatting the time flew so so quickly :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending