The Student Room Group
University of Essex
University of Essex
Colchester
Visit website

University of Essex is TAKING AGES!!!

I sent off my university application on January 14 and UCAS received it the next day on the 15th. So far, four out of five of the universities have replied, three accepted, one rejection. The final one is the University of Essex and they're literally taking so long to reply, it's actually killing me. I want to make my decision already, I already know which uni I want to go to. Does anyone have an idea of why they might be taking so long?
Original post by MichaK1
I sent off my university application on January 14 and UCAS received it the next day on the 15th. So far, four out of five of the universities have replied, three accepted, one rejection. The final one is the University of Essex and they're literally taking so long to reply, it's actually killing me. I want to make my decision already, I already know which uni I want to go to. Does anyone have an idea of why they might be taking so long?

Because they have a load of applications and have till May to respond?
University of Essex
University of Essex
Colchester
Visit website
Unfortunately, the university receives a lot of applications, and it takes a while to go through them all. If the deadline isn't until May then they might not get back to you until May unfortunately, but that shouldn't hinder your chances for getting into the university you want!
Original post by MichaK1

I applied for Essex in mid December and recieved an email a few days later which invited me to an interview (Despite my **** grades (C,D,E))

It wasn't until my interview was cancelled a few days ago because of the strikes going on atm that they actually offered me a conditional via UCAS. So I think they will offer an interview before giving you a UCAS offer.
Original post by MichaK1

I've applied for PPE at Essex and had an interview in February, I think they interview for most subjects. I guess you'll have been invited to an interview or applicant day, by now as I'm replying quite late.
May I ask if you've had an offer or rejection yet? They said I'd have a response within two weeks of the interview but it's been nigh on ten weeks and I've heard nothing. I emailed them and they said they'd processed my offer, but their own application portal says it's still with admissions staff.
Out of the five universities 2 accepted (York & Kent) and 2 rejected (Aberdeen & Dundee) with Essex yet to reply. The due date for universitiies to respond when applied before the 15th January is today!!! I'll try to contact my admissions adviser again but I've no luck until now...
Reply 6
Original post by Frankie-:)
I've applied for PPE at Essex and had an interview in February, I think they interview for most subjects. I guess you'll have been invited to an interview or applicant day, by now as I'm replying quite late.
May I ask if you've had an offer or rejection yet? They said I'd have a response within two weeks of the interview but it's been nigh on ten weeks and I've heard nothing. I emailed them and they said they'd processed my offer, but their own application portal says it's still with admissions staff.

You applied for PPE? Did you end up taking it up at Essex or doing it elsewhere? And what are your thoughts on it?
same I submitted my application on 15th January and I got an welcome mail the next day itself, after that haven't heard at all.
Reply 8
Original post by krutipatel02
same I submitted my application on 15th January and I got an welcome mail the next day itself, after that haven't heard at all.

I was accepted pretty quick, it shouldn't be long till you hear back, good luck!
Original post by MichaK1

Same scenario happened to me last year as I applied the exact same day as you, I got an offer on the 23rd of Feb 2018 and it was the last university to respond to me. I withdrew from Loughborough as I had to send them additional information because I wanted to firm my top choice uni and had to wait for Essex.
Original post by jddddd
I was accepted pretty quick, it shouldn't be long till you hear back, good luck!

hey yes I got my offer too but than I got an offer way better in the university of Law and so I declined Essex and accepted ULaw
Reply 11
Original post by krutipatel02
hey yes I got my offer too but than I got an offer way better in the university of Law and so I declined Essex and accepted ULaw

Oh interesting! Hope you enjoy it!

Quick Reply

Latest