The Student Room Group

nyxnko_'s Sport Relief blog

:hi: So... I started this thing yesterday by downloading the app. I'm a bit of a lazy child and honestly, I've never been very good at carrying my phone with me so that it counts my steps properly :tongue: So hopefully, this blog will get me to walk more and just move around a bit more :biggrin:

Current daily goal: 8000 steps (as of 26/02/18)

People who might be interested? :love:
@BurstingBubbles @Kindred @CrazyKittenLady
(edited 6 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Let's start with yesterday :biggrin:
I hit my goal and then even went a little beyond!! :woo:
20180224_093843-compressed.png.jpeg
Original post by nyxnko_
:hi: So... I started this thing yesterday by downloading the app. I'm a bit of a lazy child and honestly, I've never been very good at carrying my phone with me so that it counts my steps properly :tongue: So hopefully, this blog will get me to walk more and just move around a bit more :biggrin:

Current daily goal: 6500 steps

People who might be interested? :love:
@BurstingBubbles @Kindred @CrazyKittenLady

Subbed :biggrin:
Original post by nyxnko_
Let's start with yesterday :biggrin:
I hit my goal and then even went a little beyond!! :woo:
20180224_093843-compressed.png.jpeg

Woo you smashed it :smile: where does most of your walking come from? I see it's really nicely spread out during the day :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by BurstingBubbles
Woo you smashed it :smile: where does most of your walking come from? I see it's really nicely spread out during the day :smile:

i didnt have school yesterday and it's not a typical day but i got up at around 6-7 and then I was going up and down the stairs for most of the morning because my mum doesn't like having water upstairs so it makes us go downstairs a lot to drink water during study breaks, etc.
i went out at around 1pm to a housewarming party and somehow, I managed to walk a lot there.
I had meant to go out for a walk once I came home but I got home at 7pm and by then it was a bit too dark to go out so I just ended up walking the stairs again :tongue:
but Yeah, that was yesterday
plus, I made a conscious effort to move around a lot more than usual :biggrin:
Reply 5
Starting off well! Great to have another blog and more feets for the league. :biggrin:
I'm keeping an eye on all the blogs atm, but tag me if anything exciting happens so I definitely don't miss it? :smile:
Reply 6
Original post by Kindred
Starting off well! Great to have another blog and more feets for the league. :biggrin:
I'm keeping an eye on all the blogs atm, but tag me if anything exciting happens so I definitely don't miss it? :smile:

Thank you!!
Will definitely tag you if anything exciting happens :biggrin:
Reply 7
Arghhhhhhhh!!! :argh:
So... what happened today was really annoying. I had a few problems with the SR app so I uninstalled it and then reinstalled it again. But... being slightly stupid, I FORGOT TO RECONNECT MY TRACKER!! So I stupidly went and walked a solid 10,000 steps today and that SR app didn't even count it :cry: I'm so annoyed!!! :banghead:
Arghhhhhhhh!!
But let's be positive!! I managed to hit my goal of 6.5k and that's what matters :love:
Screenshot_20180224-190158-compressed.jpg.jpeg
So proud and so annoyed...
Reply 8
This is a bit early but here's what happened today :biggrin:
I managed to get over 10000 steps!! Truth be told, I went out for a walk with my sister (who is a very slow walker) but I did manage to get like 4000 steps then :biggrin:
Something really weird is that the SR app seems to think I've done double the actual number of steps that I've done, which is kinda annoying
Screenshot_20180225-183508-compressed.jpg.jpeg
Screenshot_20180225-183416-compressed.jpg.jpeg
Reply 9
Screenshot_20180225-183928-compressed.jpg.jpeg

It's okay now!! I'm not cheating... :ninja:
Reply 10
I've upped my goal to 8000 steps because 6500 seems a little low rn :tongue:
As you can probably see from the pic below, I took my phone into school to count steps and then switched it off during lunch and forgot to switch it back on afterwards so it didn't count my steps :cry: But it's okay because I managed to go out for a walk :biggrin: which upped my step count :woo:

Screenshot_20180226-181122-compressed.jpg.jpeg
Sounds like you're doing well. Shame about all those lost steps at school though. :smile:
Hi I have a new phone for Christmas and I’m always count my steps
Reply 13
Original post by Kindred
Sounds like you're doing well. Shame about all those lost steps at school though. :smile:

Yeah but it cant be helped :tongue:

Original post by Durham Jaide
Hi I have a new phone for Christmas and I’m always count my steps

Good for you :woo: Maybe join sport relief?
Original post by nyxnko_
Yeah but it cant be helped :tongue:

Good for you :woo: Maybe join sport relief?

Well you made up for it anyway so no big deal :biggrin:
Reply 15
Original post by Kindred
Well you made up for it anyway so no big deal :biggrin:

True :biggrin:
How are you doing so far today?
Original post by nyxnko_
True :biggrin:
How are you doing so far today?

Not my most productive day for actual counts (will be doing steps, but without my tablet). I'm almost at 600 though so I'm lined up to at least get my 1,000 target counted. :smile:
Does this app require being open for it to work?
Reply 18
Original post by Kindred
Not my most productive day for actual counts (will be doing steps, but without my tablet). I'm almost at 600 though so I'm lined up to at least get my 1,000 target counted. :smile:

Good luck getting the rest of your 'steps'!! It's a pity your tablet isn't very accurate :tongue:

Original post by monkeyman0121
Does this app require being open for it to work?

You can connect your trackers. For example, if you have a Fitbit, you can connect that. If not, I think your phone's default health app should work too. Like, I've got Samsung Health connected to the Sport Relief app.
Reply 19
:sigh: TSR's app has logged me out and won't let me log back in :cry2: so no photo today but I absolutely smashed it and hit 11k steps!! :woo: This puts me 13th on the league, although I'll probably be 15th by tomorrow :tongue:

Quick Reply

Latest