The Student Room Group

cheating in mocks

so i had my a2 mocks last week, and for my maths mocks, i decided to look at the jun 2017 papers. i was pretty sure they were going to come up... so i kind off looked at them and did them before the mocks...
now, after getting them back i feel really bad as most of my classmates did badly and i've got 74/75 in most of them....
i know what i did is wrong but i dont know what to do about it know....
there is no way i'm telling the teachers anything...
any advice?
Reply 1
any advice?
Reply 2
help plss i just really need some advice on what to do now....
i feel so guilty and getting higher grades than most ppl isnt good.....
Reply 3
Well, you basically cheated and the best thing to do would be to tell the teacher and do another mock test. But if not then you need to work your socks off and get as close to that grade as possible in the real exam
I mean, you may have looked at the paper, but its not like you copied it word for word. You have to understand how the question works and then answer it unless you have photographic memory. So even if you cheated, its not like without the past paper you would have failed if you get what I mean. I'd say just keep practising past papers - it may have been wrong but all you were doing was practising some past paper questions.
yeah i think you are overthinking like i get its not a good thing to do but still like the person above me said it was just like you were practising from past papers
guys does anyone of you have the exam paper for 8th june 2017
Original post by Anonymous
so i had my a2 mocks last week, and for my maths mocks, i decided to look at the jun 2017 papers. i was pretty sure they were going to come up... so i kind off looked at them and did them before the mocks...
now, after getting them back i feel really bad as most of my classmates did badly and i've got 74/75 in most of them....
any advice?

Mate you ****ed up. Don't tell a teacher bc your gonna get in a lot of trouble furthermore you need to work your but off to get a good score in the real one
Reply 8
Original post by Anonymous
any advice?

Hi there. I just want to make sure I have this right...
You had mocks coming up at school and you thought a certain paper might be used/ a certain topic might come up. You did that past paper/ one with those topics at home before the mock. Is that right?
So you guessed/ predicted what might come up on an exam and used pubic access resources to prepare for it?

If that's right, you didn't cheat. You did something called "learning to the test". It's a bit of a sneaky way to revise, but it's a perfectly reasonable thing to do and it's not cheating. In fact, it's how a lot of teachers prepare their students for exams- they make an educated guess of what will come up on the paper and focus a lot of revision on those areas.
Honestly, I suggest you keep at it. If you think you know what will come up on an exam then revise the hell out of it. Past papers are a great way to revise cos they get you used to the wording of questions as well as letting you practice the content.

Btw, I'm going to move this over to Advice on Everyday Issues. You can still post anon there. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest