The Student Room Group

Can you withdraw an application and add another?

I believe at this point the answer is no, right? It's been way more than 14 days since I applied, I got two offers already and i used all five choices.
Reply 1
Original post by rozanov
I believe at this point the answer is no, right? It's been way more than 14 days since I applied, I got two offers already and i used all five choices.

hey! sorry but once the 14 days have passed you are not able to change a choice, even if one rejects you, you are stuck with that rejection, I had to call UCAS and ask them the same question.
however, you can apply through UCAS Extra if you reject all of your choices, although I wouldn't recommend that as you would not be able to put an insurance choice.
Reply 2
Original post by yag123
hey! sorry but once the 14 days have passed you are not able to change a choice, even if one rejects you, you are stuck with that rejection, I had to call UCAS and ask them the same question.
however, you can apply through UCAS Extra if you reject all of your choices, although I wouldn't recommend that as you would not be able to put an insurance choice.

Ok thank you (: Of my offers I will decline one and firm/put as insurance the other, depending on one university that hasn't replied yet.
Reply 3
Original post by rozanov
Ok thank you (: Of my offers I will decline one and firm/put as insurance the other, depending on one university that hasn't replied yet.

that's great! glad to hear you have everything under control, I, on the other hand have no idea what yo firm/insure hehehe. if you don't mind me asking, What course did you apply to and what are the 3 unis you are considering the most?
Reply 4
Original post by yag123
that's great! glad to hear you have everything under control, I, on the other hand have no idea what yo firm/insure hehehe. if you don't mind me asking, What course did you apply to and what are the 3 unis you are considering the most?

I applied for Law (Llb) and I'm considering my offer from Bristol. As I'm from the EU an offer from Glasgow would be amazing financially speaking, I believe entry for common law in Glasgow is competitive though. I have an offer from Durham but the required grade is just too high.

What about you? You seem to have good offers (:
Reply 5
Original post by rozanov
I applied for Law (Llb) and I'm considering my offer from Bristol. As I'm from the EU an offer from Glasgow would be amazing financially speaking, I believe entry for common law in Glasgow is competitive though. I have an offer from Durham but the required grade is just too high.

What about you? You seem to have good offers (:

Wow! those are amazing choices! and your course is very interesting, congrats :smile: I am also an eu student and I have applied to UCL, Newcastle, reading, the cass school of architecture and Portsmouth for architecture and I have received offers from all except ucl but I'm waiting for their rejection :smile:
I am currently very confused as to what I should do with those choices.
where are you from? if you don't mind me asking :smile:
Reply 6
Original post by yag123
Wow! those are amazing choices! and your course is very interesting, congrats :smile: I am also an eu student and I have applied to UCL, Newcastle, reading, the cass school of architecture and Portsmouth for architecture and I have received offers from all except ucl but I'm waiting for their rejection :smile:
I am currently very confused as to what I should do with those choices.
where are you from? if you don't mind me asking :smile:

I don't know much about architecture, unfortunately haha but I'm glad you got so many offers! I live in Germany, what about you?
Reply 7
Original post by rozanov
I don't know much about architecture, unfortunately haha but I'm glad you got so many offers! I live in Germany, what about you?

thanks! I'm from Spain :smile: are you also doing A levels? or IB?
Reply 8
Original post by yag123
thanks! I'm from Spain :smile: are you also doing A levels? or IB?

Just regular german qualification, and you?
Reply 9
Original post by rozanov
Just regular german qualification, and you?

I'm doing A levels... very stressful :/
how are you doing in school? What subjects are you taking?
Original post by yag123
I'm doing A levels... very stressful :/
how are you doing in school? What subjects are you taking?

I'm not an excellent student or anything, but I'm doing good so far. I'm taking final exams in Politics&Econ, History, English (my three main subjects) as well as Biology and an oral exam in German. Minor subjects like Math, Computer Science, Philosophy will influence my overall grade, but to a lesser extent than the five subjects I'm taking exams in. The system probably sounds a bit confusing at first haha

What are your A levels and do you have predicted grades? (:
Reply 11
Original post by rozanov
I'm not an excellent student or anything, but I'm doing good so far. I'm taking final exams in Politics&Econ, History, English (my three main subjects) as well as Biology and an oral exam in German. Minor subjects like Math, Computer Science, Philosophy will influence my overall grade, but to a lesser extent than the five subjects I'm taking exams in. The system probably sounds a bit confusing at first haha

What are your A levels and do you have predicted grades? (:

oh, that sounds much more interesting than a levels.
I'm doing Geography, Spanish, art, maths and French from which I'm predicted AABCC as well as the Spanish education system. they're nice subjects but getting a good grade in them is so hard :frown:(
Original post by yag123
oh, that sounds much more interesting than a levels.
I'm doing Geography, Spanish, art, maths and French from which I'm predicted AABCC as well as the Spanish education system. they're nice subjects but getting a good grade in them is so hard :frown:(

I wish you all the best, then! You'll get through it, buena suerte!
Reply 13
Original post by rozanov
I wish you all the best, then! You'll get through it, buena suerte!

hahaha thanks so much! I'm gonna need it, you too! viel Glück :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending