The Student Room Group

Jeremy Corbyn? Creepy or Cute?

Scroll to see replies

I don't find him creepy. What I dislike most is that he does seem to do nothing about the bullying that too many supporters of his engage in, and his whitewashing over some of those who have made anti-semitic comments.
Reply 21
Original post by jsk800
Don't be swayed by the large labour bias here. Make an informed decision for yourself.

In general I hate politics and nothing will change that because I just see two groups of people wanting to get their view across without caring who they're interrupting. If I going to be honest.
I don't like some of Labour's policies but there are some of Conservative's I dislike too. So my conclusion is that both group's leaders need to accept the other's views instead of ranting the same spout.
Original post by KingHarold
I don't find him creepy. What I dislike most is that he does seem to do nothing about the bullying that too many supporters of his engage in, and his whitewashing over some of those who have made anti-semitic comments.

Agreed. No action toward anti-Semitism
Reply 23
Original post by jsk800
Don't be swayed by the large labour bias here. Make an informed decision for yourself.

well said
Reply 24
Original post by KingHarold

I do agree, I think he's doing a poor job keeping his party in line, they're as split as the tories
Neither...
Reply 26
Original post by monkeyman0121
Neither...

Is there someone else you prefer or do you not like the current batch?
Original post by indy1999
Is there someone else you prefer or do you not like the current batch?

I am just answering the question, I don't like any politicians.
Reply 28
Original post by monkeyman0121
I am just answering the question, I don't like any politicians.

Oh I see, fair enough
Original post by Em395
I'm not big in politics, I watch the 'main' points and read the news.
Question: Why do they hate her? I mean they voted her in didn't they, so she was popular to begin with.

kinda, not really. after cameron resigned they got a pick of the 'best' ministers who got put forward- boris johnson being one of them- and after they were all being picked off, scandals and track records and the lot, it came down to the other woman in the last 2 (i forget her name) making a snarky remark about theresa being unfit to lead because she'd never raised kids. boom, everyone rightly goes nuts over it and the other lady drops out- we're left with dear mayonnaise :biggrin: tbh she didn't seem so bad to lead at first, she's had a pretty solid record and all that, but she's got so much to handle and so much opposition, plus she has barely any charm or personality- it probably would've happened with anyone they chose, but it's not looking good for the party atm. rip
Original post by Em395
I have never liked Corbyn. Don't know why - I just do, he's manipulative and unlikable.

Teresea May, she's alright as she's only filling in a position temporarily, and I believe she's doing the best she can in relation to the Brexit Ordeal. But, in general, I don't agree with some of the Conservative party's policies.

Personally I don't understand the personal appeal of Corbyn. I've never found his personality to be all that likeable.

Theresa May may be trying her best but it's not good enough. She's really proven herself to be a competent minister (whether you agree with her policies is a different issue) but a dreadful leader. Though really the blame has to fall on the people who let themselves get so carried away by her popularity in opinion polls that they chose to run their entire campaign around her and her personality, only to discover she doesn't really have a personality.
My dad hates him so I have to love him because #daddyissues.
Reply 32
Original post by Saracen's Fez
Personally I don't understand the personal appeal of Corbyn. I've never found his personality to be all that likeable.

Theresa May may be trying her best but it's not good enough. She's really proven herself to be a competent minister (whether you agree with her policies is a different issue) but a dreadful leader. Though really the blame has to fall on the people who let themselves get so carried away by her popularity in opinion polls that they chose to run their entire campaign around her and her personality, only to discover she doesn't really have a personality.

You hit it bang on, she's so used to being a secondary she struggles with leadership. I think you perfectly summed it up
Reply 33
Original post by cat_mac
My dad hates him so I have to love him because #daddyissues.

so is Jeremy Corbyn daddy now?:hmmmm2:
so is Jeremy Corbyn daddy now?:hmmmm2:

Nooo I mean I have to like him based on the fact that my Dad hates him. :rofl:
Reply 35
Original post by cat_mac
Nooo I mean I have to like him based on the fact that my Dad hates him. :rofl:

OH LOL omg :colondollar: sorry
Reply 36
Original post by Phillip Banks
He looks like a dilapidated vacuum pack of meat.

Rees Mogg and Farage are the real lookers 😍

i'm dying. they're gucci aren't they
i'm dying. they're gucci aren't they

nigel-farage-2.jpg
Original post by Saracen's Fez

I think with Corbyn it's the fact that he seems like a normal person who understands and relates to normal people. Rather than being robotic like May or a PR filter trying to charm you like Blair or Cameron.

A lot of people watched him on things like the One Show and genuinely saw a guy who looked at ease with himself.

I also think he's benefiting from being seen as the underdog, especially with regards to the abuse he gets from the press.
Looks or personality?

Both kinda look weird.

May I suspect is a perfectly nice, albeit dreadfully boring ‘normal’ person.

Corbyn is More complex. I actually find him extremely condescending. I suspect if you put aside politics he’s a very likeable person. But when you go onto politics he’s a fanatical, highly intolerant bore.

Quick Reply

Latest