The Student Room Group

Training Contract 2020

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by EKaEn
I wonder why this thread is so dead compared to other TC threads. Shouldn't most people have applied by now?

Also, has anyone received rejections from Freshfields and HSF? Given it's been a few months since I applied, I'd assume it's PFO by now.

Most are concentrating on the VS applications as the TC deadlines for a lot of firms are much later in the year. The Vac Scheme thread is far busier!!
Has anyone heard back (offer or rejection) form A&O TC AC? If so, how long did it take?
I had mine last week so am assuming its a PFO.
Reply 62
Anyone heard back from Freshfields (TC)?
Reply 63
Original post by xxblue
Anyone heard back from Freshfields (TC)?

I applied towards the end of December and haven’t heard back. They’ve just finished interviewing VS candidates though, so maybe there’ll be more progress in TC application screening in the upcoming weeks.
Reply 64
Original post by PMF_II
I applied towards the end of December and haven’t heard back. They’ve just finished interviewing VS candidates though, so maybe there’ll be more progress in TC application screening in the upcoming weeks.

Yeah! I thought the same, hopefully we should be hearing back next week or even later today. Good luck 😊
Reply 65
Does anyone know how long Norton Rose take to get back after submitting a TC app? Thanks
Has anyone heard from Slaughters? Do they go through law/non law applications at different times?
Reply 67
please could anyone who applied to NRF and has heard back tell me how long they took to respond? Been waiting ages
Reply 68
Here's a question guys - would you reply to AC booking confirmation email from graduate recruitment team email? Or is automated and i best not overload the recruiters' inbox?
Reply 69
Original post by akr123
please could anyone who applied to NRF and has heard back tell me how long they took to respond? Been waiting ages

It’s said in the confirmation email that although the GR team reviews applications on a rolling basis, AC invitations will be sent out nearer the deadline. :smile:
Reply 70
Is there any law firms in Staffordshire or Manchester which are still open at present??
Im looking to start a TC in 2020
Just bout start my 3rd year at uni xx
Original post by Gem2017
Is there any law firms in Staffordshire or Manchester which are still open at present??
Im looking to start a TC in 2020
Just bout start my 3rd year at uni xx

https://www.lawcareers.net/search?sc=Solicitors&ar=false&sy=2020&ob=nma&rg=North+West

This might be a good place to start
Reply 72

How many would you think is ok to apply for??

I've appiled for TLT, Ward Hadaway and Irwin Mitchell for a TC and I'm looking at getting a summer vacation this summer?
Original post by Gem2017
How many would you think is ok to apply for??

I've appiled for TLT, Ward Hadaway and Irwin Mitchell for a TC and I'm looking at getting a summer vacation this summer?

I would say about 5-8. I think the general census is no more than 10. Although the law of averages says the more you apply for, the more chance you have of success. Actually, the more applications you do, more often the standards slip and so overall, you are less successful.

Tailor the applications to each individual firm and get them in early. There are a few vacation scheme applications still open but you'll have to be quick if you're serious about obtaining one. They really are a foot in the door in order to get a TC.
Reply 74
Anyone heard back from Dentons (post WGT)??
Reply 75
Original post by PMF_II
It’s said in the confirmation email that although the GR team reviews applications on a rolling basis, AC invitations will be sent out nearer the deadline. :smile:

Hey thank you so much for replying, but their email is exactly what is confusing me haha! It says:
"We are continuing to review applications on a rolling basis. Assessment days will be held throughout the year, with invitations for the assessment days sent nearer the deadline."
^This is why I am confused because on the one hand they are saying assessment centres will be held throughout the year i.e. there must have been some already, but they then contradict themselves saying invites are only handed out nearer the deadline. How did you read into that email sentence? As I thought assessment days must have been held since October when the apps opened as they have stated above?
Reply 76
My interpretation is that NRF will run their ACs around the same time with their deadlines. For non-law graduates, the deadline is March. The GR team will review applications as they come in. If you apply in November, you may hear back earlier than someone who applies in February, for example, but it won’t be too far from the deadline.
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 77
Original post by akr123
Hey thank you so much for replying, but their email is exactly what is confusing me haha! It says:
"We are continuing to review applications on a rolling basis. Assessment days will be held throughout the year, with invitations for the assessment days sent nearer the deadline."
^This is why I am confused because on the one hand they are saying assessment centres will be held throughout the year i.e. there must have been some already, but they then contradict themselves saying invites are only handed out nearer the deadline. How did you read into that email sentence? As I thought assessment days must have been held since October when the apps opened as they have stated above?

Original post by PMF_II
My interpretation is that NRF will run their ACs around the same time with their deadlines. For non-law graduates, the deadline is March. The GR team will review applications as they come in. If you apply in November, you may hear back earlier than someone who applies in February, for example, but it won’t be too far from the deadline.

Had another look and interestingly it seems like they've changed it from the graduates can apply from Oct- March to graduates/finalists can apply on a rolling basis.

This would make me think that they're not planning to do any ACs until the summer which would be pretty annoying if you applied early.
Reply 78
Original post by jb9390
Had another look and interestingly it seems like they've changed it from the graduates can apply from Oct- March to graduates/finalists can apply on a rolling basis.

This would make me think that they're not planning to do any ACs until the summer which would be pretty annoying if you applied early.

Thank you for replying, can I ask what makes you say that? Because online it says graduates should apply between October and March so I assumed that there would be ACs throughout the year, however their email contradicts itself saying ACs are held throughout the year but invites are sent towards the deadline.
Reply 79
Original post by akr123
Thank you for replying, can I ask what makes you say that? Because online it says graduates should apply between October and March so I assumed that there would be ACs throughout the year, however their email contradicts itself saying ACs are held throughout the year but invites are sent towards the deadline.

Hey - so if I'm not mistaken - this link used to say between Oct- March but it now says rolling basis.. (so from anytime in October to the July deadline) https://fsr.cvmailuk.com/nortonrosefulbright/main.cfm?page=jobSpecific&jobId=35802&rcd=414982&queryString=groupType_4%3D1944%26groupType_8%3D791%26groupType_59%3D%26groupType_7%3D%26filter%26srxksl%3D1

I could be wrong but it just gives me the impression that they will probably do the ACs closer to the summer if they got rid of the distinction between finalists/grad and second year students?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending