The Student Room Group

Uclan aerospace engineering

I am starting to be unsure whether I want to the course which I initially applied for at uclan but I’ve beeen researching and I am now interested in doing aerospace engineering at uclan
The issue I am having is whether I will be accepted in the three year course if I have a level 3 btec qualification as an extended diploma in Health and Social Care
Please could someone advice me if uclan would accept my qualification
Look up the course on their website and it will tell you the requirements but I think the answer is almost certainly no.
Reply 2
Why would the answer be no the requirements say DDM
Reply 3
Original post by Student-95
Look up the course on their website and it will tell you the requirements but I think the answer is almost certainly no.

Why do you think it will be likely that they will like say no
Original post by emerge123
Why do you think it will be likely that they will like say no

Usually they ask for a relevant subject for the BTEC and/or maths a level as well. If their site says your BTEC is fine then it's fine.
Reply 5
Usually they ask for a relevant subject for the BTEC and/or maths a level as well. If their site says your BTEC is fine then it's fine.

Okay I’ve got a question you seem like you kno you stuff if I get one offer can use ucas extra to apply to another course to see if I get an offer or not
Why would the answer be no the requirements say DDM

BTEC Extended Diploma: Distinction, Distinction, Merit (including Maths unit).

have you got the maths?

TBH you don't need to be asking for opinions on here - you could ring them up and find out exactly where you would stand.

http://www.uclan.ac.uk/courses/beng_aerospace_engineering.php

This course is based in the School of Engineering
Telephone us for further information +44(0)1772 892400
or email us at: [email protected] || Book a visit
Okay I’ve got a question you seem like you kno you stuff if I get one offer can use ucas extra to apply to another course to see if I get an offer or not

You can only use UCAS extra if you don't have any offers
Reply 8
You can only use UCAS extra if you don't have any offers

Thanks
Reply 9
Original post by Joinedup
Distinction, Distinction, Merit (including Maths unit).

have you got the maths?

TBH you don't need to be asking for opinions on here - you could ring them up and find out exactly where you would stand.

http://www.uclan.ac.uk/courses/beng_aerospace_engineering.php

This course is based in the School of Engineering
Telephone us for further information +44(0)1772 892400
or email us at: [email protected] || Book a visit

I have emailed them they have t replied so I can here to ask for advice and I have my maths gcse I have a B grade
I have emailed them they have t replied so I can here to ask for advice and I have my maths gcse I have a B grade

To me reads like they want BTECs to include an NVQ level 3 qualification in maths.
gcse is level 2... and TBH level 3 maths is what I'd expect an undergraduate engineering program to ask for - there's a lot of maths in engineering degrees and it comes at a high tempo.
Reply 11

They haven't replied? Or they have replied?

Give them a call, this kind of query is generally much quicker and easier to resolve by talking to someone at the university.

Original post by Joinedup
To me reads like they want BTECs to include an NVQ level 3 qualification in maths.
gcse is level 2... and TBH level 3 maths is what I'd expect an undergraduate engineering program to ask for - there's a lot of maths in engineering degrees and it comes at a high tempo.

Yup - it says a suitable BTEC must include Maths. :yy:
It even implies if A-levels were offered they would need to include Bs in Maths & Physics. "Our typical offer is 120 UCAS Points including Maths and Physics at B"
(edited 6 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending