The Student Room Group

Paypal scam.. Please help

hi I have payed a person by paypal family and friends and I didn't know I didn't have buyer protection. the seller hasn't got back to me and I want my money back as I hate the feeling of being robbed. has anoyne else been in this situation and have you ad it resolved .. if so how? I have made a paypal complaint and I have reported her but I don't know what to do.. please help
I've heard paypal will give you your money back and deal with the person themselves if your scammed so if so, hope you get your money back.
May be tricky friends and family, not sure you can request pay back
I'm a bit confused here. It doesn't sound as though the seller has done anything wrong?
Original post by Tiger Rag
I'm a bit confused here. It doesn't sound as though the seller has done anything wrong?

Yeah I sense that, would be good to know the time frame from when the money was sent
Sorry I wasn't clear .. the seller didn't send out anything despite me paying for it so they have done wrong as it's fraud .
I wanted to buy a pair of trainers and they didn't send it . This was over a week ago now and it's not been sent and they have ghosted my messages despite being online
They were adamnt for me to pay by family and friends I didn't know that I wasn't protected so I agreed. I know it's dumb 😭
It's a scam as they knew they wouldn't send anything hence the reason they asked me to pay of that method
Do you think I could get my money back if I were to go to the bank and explain my situation as my bank card is linked?
Original post by Hannahberry2002
Do you think I could get my money back if I were to go to the bank and explain my situation as my bank card is linked?

Doubt it
How do you know the buyer? If you purchased them through ebay, I'd contact them.
And I thought criminals ****ing up ATMs was the worst
Id say these sly scammers are the worst !and yes it was through eBay, I'm going to try and go to the bank as it's the only hope I have left lol

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending