The Student Room Group

A-level resits question!

I am resitting 4 modules of my maths A-level this year and the whole chemistry A-level.

Whilst revising I have found out maths is much easier for me to remember and revise compared to Chemistry and I feel by spreading revision out for both I will not meet the grade requirements for my uni course. I need to get 2 more grades in order to meet it. I did worse in maths than in chemistry last year and I feel I could improve a lot more with some good revision. Chemistry, however, contains so much information for me to process in these remaining 3 months.

What I am asking is should I focus on maths a lot more than chemistry? Also, does anyone have any tips for revising chemistry if you feel I should still focus on both?
Original post by monkeyman0121
I am resitting 4 modules of my maths A-level this year and the whole chemistry A-level.

Whilst revising I have found out maths is much easier for me to remember and revise compared to Chemistry and I feel by spreading revision out for both I will not meet the grade requirements for my uni course. I need to get 2 more grades in order to meet it. I did worse in maths than in chemistry last year and I feel I could improve a lot more with some good revision. Chemistry, however, contains so much information for me to process in these remaining 3 months.

What I am asking is should I focus on maths a lot more than chemistry? Also, does anyone have any tips for revising chemistry if you feel I should still focus on both?

You have contradictions.

You have 2 A levels it seems. You should know your exam dates and how much time you have.

Maths- poor grade s further to improve, it can do so quickly.
Chemistry lot to revise, time consuming but less improvement needed.

Split your revision into weeks and plan where you need to be by exam date, then spread your revision out.

Jeep setting weekly targets, so by 25% of the time you need to have done 25% of the journey for both. catch up with maths by halfway. You can revise more of one or the other as your revision progresses, its just a case of adjusting and keeping on track.
Original post by 999tigger
You have contradictions.

You have 2 A levels it seems. You should know your exam dates and how much time you have.

Maths- poor grade s further to improve, it can do so quickly.
Chemistry lot to revise, time consuming but less improvement needed.

Split your revision into weeks and plan where you need to be by exam date, then spread your revision out.

Jeep setting weekly targets, so by 25% of the time you need to have done 25% of the journey for both. catch up with maths by halfway. You can revise more of one or the other as your revision progresses, its just a case of adjusting and keeping on track.

I have the exam dates and how much time I have. I am doing a specific work each week and I feel the chemistry is not being absorbed as much as maths. Because I did worse in maths last time I feel I could get the 2 grades much more easily as it is much easier to improve from the grade I got. However chemistry I got one grade higher than maths and I feel it will be a struggle getting another grade up.
Youve only got 2 subjects, just focus equally or more on the weaker one. Overcomplicated.
Youve only got 2 subjects, just focus equally or more on the weaker one. Overcomplicated.

Okay, thanks!
Okay, thanks!

Half way you need to be at least halfway.
Half way you need to be at least halfway.

what? please elaborate?
what? please elaborate?

Half of your revision time i.e 6 weeks then be at least 50% progressed in both subjects.
Half of your revision time i.e 6 weeks then be at least 50% progressed in both subjects.

Oh you mean set a target like in 3 weeks I should be 25% at least finished with both subjects or close to.
And halfway before the exams, I should be at least 50%.
Oh you mean set a target like in 3 weeks I should be 25% at least finished with both subjects or close to.
And halfway before the exams, I should be at least 50%.

Yes its just common sense. Get organised.

Quick Reply

Latest