The Student Room Group

I look young for my age - Good thing or a bad thing?

Many people say that I look 16 when I am actually 19. Is it a really good thing or bad? Do girls like guys who look younger than their age and on a positive note if I continue like this I might be like George Clooney who never ages.
Well depends on the girl, they might like it, they may not. No one can give you an answer :P

And no.. its not a bad thing at all haha
I look 15 ive been told at almost 20 its not so bad
Original post by Fasih123
Many people say that I look 16 when I am actually 19. Is it a really good thing or bad? Do girls like guys who look younger than their age and on a positive note if I continue like this I might be like George Clooney who never ages.

No. Just no.
Reply 4

Bad..

they will be less attracted to you and less interested in you from the getgo

if you look quite young you might be forced to date girls way younger than yourself if you want a decent looking girl, although if you're 19 you can't really go lower than 16 without being branded something unpleasant.......
It'll suck now but be great when you're older (as long as you don't have a baby face)
There's nothing wrong with looking young but it can be really inconvenient sometimes. I'm 21, I got ID'd once buying paracetamol for crying out loud. Granted the guy was new and younger than me and maybe thought he had to ID everyone who looked questionable for age restricted things, but it was a bit of knock to my confidence and I left laughing on the outside and dying a little on the inside
Yes, I am 18 someone at my volunteering thought I was 12... I am 18. But after a few years and stuff, I may look 18 at 25 or something which is good.
Original post by Kanairee
There's nothing wrong with looking young but it can be really inconvenient sometimes. I'm 21, I got ID'd once buying paracetamol for crying out loud. Granted the guy was new and younger than me and maybe thought he had to ID everyone who looked questionable for age restricted things, but it was a bit of knock to my confidence and I left laughing on the outside and dying a little on the inside

Was this a Tesco pharmacy they have a think 25 rule if it was.
Reply 9
Original post by Kanairee

I've had some girl there demand ID over paracetamol recently, and given that i'm in my 30's I thought this was ridiculous and decided to challenge her over it.

her: "Have you got any ID on you?"

me: "Surely you don't think i'm 15 years old...."

her "No...,but we have an under 25 policy and if we think someone looks under 25 we have to ID them, and If I don't I will get in trouble with my manager ... so I will need to see your ID"

So I ended up having to show my passport to buy paracetamol. She would not have sold it to me otherwise

She was ridiculous tbh, never had a member of staff at sainsbury's take it that far before. One or two have asked for ID before, but after I say to them "do you really think I am 15?" they tend to drop it.

Tesco stores don't even require ID to buy paracetamol. When you scan it through the self service it never gets flagged up.

why can't sainsbury's do this??

good - for a few years now it may seem a pain in the ar$e, but when you are older, you'll find that everyone will envy you.
It’s fine, I’m 16 and look roughly 12. My friends always loose me in and amongst crowds of y7s

Be glad you at least look 16! I am nearly 18 but yesterday someone asked me if I was year 6!

Spoiler

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending