The Student Room Group

What should I do ?

Basically , I have a maths class that is mixed with people doing Foundation and Higher paper , my maths teacher sometimes pulls them out of class when we do higher level work.But the content we do is so easy 4/5/6 . We never do 7/8 grade topic which really annoys me as the higher paper contains many hard topics that won’t be covered . As well as the fact she’s admitted that our class is NOT gonna cover all the content for Edexcel Gcse maths . I really want a good grade ( 6/7 ) for maths at this point I don’t know what to do ?
Same happens with me, I’m in second top set and don’t mean to sound weird but probably the cleverest but i still have to do the foundation paper with the rest of them, although I’m in Year 9, and I score really high. I feel like I’m not learning anything
Reply 2
Original post by hanna2004
Same happens with me, I’m in second top set and don’t mean to sound weird but probably the cleverest but i still have to do the foundation paper with the rest of them, although I’m in Year 9, and I score really high. I feel like I’m not learning anything

That’s year 9 tho you have nothing to worry about . I’m in year11 so I’m in a bad situation ugh
Original post by sabrine12
That’s year 9 tho you have nothing to worry about . I’m in year11 so I’m in a bad situation ugh

Can you not speak to the teacher or get your parents to complain? They’re bound to listen to you or in your spare time do some higher level revision, that’s what I do to get top marks on mine
Reply 4
Can you not speak to the teacher or get your parents to complain? They’re bound to listen to you or in your spare time do some higher level revision, that’s what I do to get top marks on mine

But what do I say to my teacher ? Theirs nothing she can do . I have small p7 group on Wednesday . whereas Foundation people do Tuesday . On wenesday we go through hard content
(edited 6 years ago)
But do I say to my teacher ??

Tell your teacher that you want to do the higher paper? I’m not sure haha or I don’t know if your school do this but do onto the extension tasks?
Reply 6
Tell your teacher that you want to do the higher paper? I’m not sure haha or I don’t know if your school do this but do onto the extension tasks?

I am doing higher
I am doing higher

Oh okay well that’s good
Reply 8
Oh okay well that’s good

How do u revise higher level material independently
Maths teachers can be pricks sometimes. Use Stuart's examsolutions, it has everything you need to know for a grade 9 or an A* in AL Maths.
I would complain to the teacher and/or headteacher. Also try and teach yourself the content you are wanting to learn using YouTube and other mathematical websites
How do u revise higher level material independently

I watch corbett maths videos? Or mymaths lol
Reply 12
Original post by Y11_Maths
I would complain to the teacher and/or headteacher. Also try and teach yourself the content you are wanting to learn using YouTube and other mathematical websites

What websites / YouTube would you recommend
What websites / YouTube would you recommend

Science and maths by primrose kitten
KhanAcademy both YouTube and online
CorbettMaths
MathsWatch
MathsMadeEasy
MathsGenie
HegartyMaths
Reply 14
Original post by Y11_Maths
Science and maths by primrose kitten
KhanAcademy both YouTube and online
CorbettMaths
MathsWatch
MathsMadeEasy
MathsGenie
HegartyMaths

Thankyou & do you think a should consider a private tutor ?
Thankyou & do you think a should consider a private tutor ?

It would definitely help

Quick Reply

Latest