The Student Room Group

Student teacher boundaries

xx
(edited 6 years ago)
not if its just joking around and being friendly. if there's flirting (w sexual undertones) then pull away. but whatever you do (unless he actually assults or harasses you) dont report him. many teachers have lost their jobs over a close relationship with a student that was entirely innocent. if they get fired for inappropriate conduct with a student they won't be allowed to work with children again. so please unless its serious dont say anything to another teacher or you could actually ruin this guys life over a bit of banter (OBVIOUSLY, IF YOU REALLY DO THINK HE'S SEXUALLY HARASSING YOU, TELL SOMEONE.)
teachers are human, they get on better with some students than others... doesn't mean there's anything sexual behind it

if you're unhappy with him touching you then say so (but you'll probably ruin the relationship) but don't let your friend convince you there's anything inappropriate and ruin a perfectly friendly relationship
Original post by Anonymous030701
I would never report him anyway unless it was proper inappropriate and was sexual (which its not) its just that my other friend is very insistent that I am treated different to the rest of the class and he wouldn't do the same to anyone else

She is just jealous she isn’t getting as much attention as you. You go girl :wink:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending