The Student Room Group

Falling in love with someone you shouldn't have fallen in love with

I love someone who is in a relationship and I know I shouldn't and I know that there's nothing I can do about it but it doesn't stop me loving her. Iv'e never felt this way about anyone before and I only want to make her happy and make sure she's okay even if that means watching somebody else love her. It just hurts and I don't know how to ignore the feeling I have for her. What do I do I'm stuck between a hard place and a rock. I don't want to tell her because of her relationship and that's a horrible ting to do but I can't suffer in silence any longer. Please any advice on how to ignore my feelings.
Reply 1
Find someone else, you don;t have a choice.
Reply 2
you useless piece of lowlife scum, don't EVER say/message that to someone ever, do you have ANY idea what others that could read this have been through? No. Suggesting suicide is not even funny, and you should be ASHAMED of yourself. Last week, someone in the neighbouring school took their life, I have friends who were friends with them and you have NO idea what its like. DO NOT EVER SUGGEST SUICIDE EVER ********.

I'm talking about the post made by anonymous #2. Sorry for confusion...
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by David370
you useless piece of lowlife scum, don't EVER say/message that to someone ever, do you have ANY idea what others that could read this have been through? No. Suggesting suicide is not even funny, and you should be ASHAMED of yourself. Last week, someone in the neighbouring school took their life, I have friends who were friends with them and you have NO idea what its like. DO NOT EVER SUGGEST SUICIDE EVER ********.

I’m struggling to find where in the post it says anything about suicide.
Reply 4
Original post by Jheinexx

Post #2
Reply 5

Its the guy that says 'rope and ladder' because that references hanging himself...
Original post by Zxyn
Post #2

Original post by David370
Its the guy that says 'rope and ladder' because that references hanging himself...

Oh.. i just now noticed what he/she said. Horrible.
Reply 7
Oh.. i just now noticed what he/she said. Horrible.

Yeah, sorry I forgot how to quote so it looked like I was aiming that at the original poster. I have edited it since to make it clear...
Original post by Anonymous
I love someone who is in a relationship and I know I shouldn't and I know that there's nothing I can do about it but it doesn't stop me loving her. Iv'e never felt this way about anyone before and I only want to make her happy and make sure she's okay even if that means watching somebody else love her. It just hurts and I don't know how to ignore the feeling I have for her. What do I do I'm stuck between a hard place and a rock. I don't want to tell her because of her relationship and that's a horrible ting to do but I can't suffer in silence any longer. Please any advice on how to ignore my feelings.

Sounds hard. If it’s affecting you this much maybe you should see someone about it?
Secondly, how do you she’s in a relationship?
Thirdly, how old are you?
From a girls POV, either tell her how you feel and she can see how she feels caus there is no point dwelling over what ifs in the future so just talk to her about it. Are you friends? From my experience talking about it definitely helps speed up this getting over situation :smile:
Tell her you love her, she might feel the same but be too afraid to say it. I’m in a situation where I’m in a relationship but I have feelings for someone else and I know they have feelings for me. I was too scared to tell them I love them and they moved on with another girl. Hoping others don’t make stupid mistakes like I did by letting “the one” get away

Quick Reply

Latest