The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

LSE Applicants Anthropology and Law 2018

Hey guys,

How many of you applied for Anthropology and Law?

It would be great if you could post your:
1. GCSE results
2. A-levels predictions/achieved grades
3.extra-curricular activities
4.Other universities you are applying to
5.Info/updates about your application

Good luck!
I did, on the 4th of december!

I'm french so my results are different but here is a "translation"

1. A* french (19/20 oral and 17/20 written) , A science (15/20) , A*school based project (19/20)
2. Predicted A* ? (17/20 average for all of my 11 subjects)
3. guitar, singing, field hockey, running, improvisation club, theatre, babysitting, student tutoring
4. Durham, UCL, KCL and Queen Mary
5. I'm in "further assesment" and super impatient!

what about you?
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Reply 2
Original post by isabella_brm
I did, on the 4th of december!

I'm french so my results are different but here is a "translation"

1. A* french (19/20 oral and 17/20 written) , A science (15/20) , A*school based project (19/20)
2. Predicted A* ? (17/20 average for all of my 11 subjects)
3. guitar, singing, field hockey, running, improvisation club, theatre, babysitting, student tutoring
4. Durham, UCL, KCL and Queen Mary
5. I'm in "further assesment" and super impatient!

what about you?

Amazing, good luck dear!

I applied just last week and I'm tracking my application hourly haha.

1. Well, I'm german but my average of 1.4 can be translated into AAA (according to LSE)
2. I'm doing the IB, so 40 points (which would be between A*A* and A*AA)
3. I just mentioned three in my Personal Statement: student government (head girl), volunteer for MUN and Research Manager of a local NGO (it is a newly founded, youth-lead NGO, nothing big)
4. Edinburgh, Warwick and SOAS
5. I just applied last week and can't wait any longer :cry:

KCL offers Anthropology and Law? Didn't know that!

I think Anthropology and Law is such an interesting subject combination, which is extremely underrated
EU students unite!!

40 on the IB, that's so good!
No no KCL doesn't offer anthropology and law unfortunately... I applied to English and french law at KCL+UCL, law at Durham and Global Law at QMUL

I agree with you, think it sucks that not more unis offer Antropology and law.... so interesting... (hopefully haha)

Original post by bkareem
Amazing, good luck dear!

I applied just last week and I'm tracking my application hourly haha.

1. Well, I'm german but my average of 1.4 can be translated into AAA (according to LSE)
2. I'm doing the IB, so 40 points (which would be between A*A* and A*AA)
3. I just mentioned three in my Personal Statement: student government (head girl), volunteer for MUN and Research Manager of a local NGO (it is a newly founded, youth-lead NGO, nothing big)
4. Edinburgh, Warwick and SOAS
5. I just applied last week and can't wait any longer :cry:

KCL offers Anthropology and Law? Didn't know that!

I think Anthropology and Law is such an interesting subject combination, which is extremely underrated
Hey guys! Ive applied for law and anthro too :smile:
i have a 37 ib (achieved)
HL bio, econ, art - 666
SL engl, russian b, maths - 674
tok - B
EE - C
gsce 10a*

Any updates on your applications?
nope no news... super frustrating!! my friends have only gotten rejections from LSE which makes it even worse!

Original post by sashimirolling
Hey guys! Ive applied for law and anthro too :smile:
i have a 37 ib (achieved)
HL bio, econ, art - 666
SL engl, russian b, maths - 674
tok - B
EE - C
gsce 10a*

Any updates on your applications?
Hey:smile:
I've been off student room for about a year as it really made my mental health worse, but I'm back now with good news - I received an unconditional place for Anthropology and Law today!

1. GCSEs: 10 A*s, 1 A
2. AS-level subjects: English literature- N/A, Chemistry- A, Maths- A, Further maths- B
A-level subjects: Maths- A, Chemistry- B, English literature- A*
3. During school I was Head Girl and an Academic Mentor. Now I'm on a gap year where I was a fundraiser for a charity for 6 months, interned at a law firm for a month, still volunteer with the CAB on their witness service and will shadow the MP of Hitchin and Harpenden for a week in April.
4. Last year it was Cambridge, LSE, King's, UCL and Kent but I was unsuccessful in most (got an offer from King's but missed it and decided against going to Kent, my insurance). This year it was LSE, QMUL, Warwick X2 and Sussex.
5. I applied last year for the same course with A*AA predicted grades but didn't get a place due to personal statement. I vamped it up this time round and here we are! I was 5 weeks into the 'further assessment' bit. I also have unconditional offers from the rest but will be firming LSE

What I would say in addition is I struggled with mental health difficulties throughout my last year of sixth form which I thought ruined my chances, I also didn't state my extenuating circumstances (despite having official diagnoses) which was very silly of me. If anyone here has them, please fill out the form and send it in! It really would have made this process a bit less stressful. When you're ready it'll happen, don't lose hope, I had, but after taking some time out, it all worked out in the end!

Good luck to the rest of you!
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 7
Original post by hillarykeyamo99
Hey:smile:
I've been off student room for about a year as it really made my mental health worse, but I'm back now with good news - I received an unconditional place for Anthropology and Law today!

1. GCSEs: 10 A*s, 1 A
2. AS-level subjects: English literature- N/A, Chemistry- A, Maths- A, Further maths- B
A-level subjects: Maths- A, Chemistry- B, English literature- A*
3. During school I was Head Girl and an Academic Mentor. Now I'm on a gap year where I was a fundraiser for a charity for 6 months, interned at a law firm for a month, still volunteer with the CAB on their witness service and will shadow the MP of Hitchin and Harpenden for a week in April.
4. Last year it was Cambridge, LSE, King's, UCL and Kent but I was unsuccessful in most (got an offer from King's but missed it and decided against going to Kent, my insurance). This year it was LSE, QMUL, Warwick X2 and Sussex.
5. I applied last year for the same course with A*AA predicted grades but didn't get a place due to personal statement. I vamped it up this time round and here we are! I was 5 weeks into the 'further assessment' bit. I also have unconditional offers from the rest but will be firming LSE

What I would say in addition is I struggled with mental health difficulties throughout my last year of sixth form which I thought ruined my chances, I also didn't state my extenuating circumstances (despite having official diagnoses) which was very silly of me. If anyone here has them, please fill out the form and send it in! It really would have made this process a bit less stressful. When you're ready it'll happen, don't lose hope, I had, but after taking some time out, it all worked out in the end!

Good luck to the rest of you!

wow, i m going through that now, so u dont think doing a level in 3 years will put us at an disadvanatge as along as our grades are good??
Reply 8
hey guys, how did it go? Any replies yet?
hey i got rejected because my personal statement didn't show enough interest for the two subjects... but i got 4 offers from UCL and KCL (law with french law), QMUL and Durham (law) !!!
Original post by isabella_brm
hey i got rejected because my personal statement didn't show enough interest for the two subjects... but i got 4 offers from UCL and KCL (law with french law), QMUL and Durham (law) !!!

Hey, French fellow there. What are you going to firm ?
Original post by RickoNctd
Hey, French fellow there. What are you going to firm ?

I firmed UCL, you?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending