The Student Room Group

Israels coming war with Hezbollah -CFR

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Napp
I'm not dignifying it with a response, i thought that was clear?

You continue to fail to answer my questions, you should rename yourself to Dodgy@Napp

I am curious though - why is it you support a state who launches expansionary wars every few years and whose express military doctrine is to flatten civilian areas? You see by every metric that is 'supporting terrorism' and you were previously complaining about my supposed 'supporting terrorism' - im finding it hard to square the two :holmes:

Quote me once where I have supported Israel I would never support a child murdering state as shown by my thread that I made.
However least not to say they are the lesser of many evils in the middle east, the only working democracy in the middle east.
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=5207574#primary_content

Let me give you another analogy, you justify supporting a terrorist organisation because people support your so claimed "terrorist organisation".
Reply 21
Original post by The PoliticalGuy
You continue to fail to answer my questions, you should rename yourself to Dodgy@Napp

I know? I just explicitly said I wasnt going to answer it?
If you say so champ :rolleyes:

Quote me once where I have supported Israel I would never support a child murdering state as shown by my thread that I made.
However least not to say they are the lesser of many evils in the middle east, the only working democracy in the middle east.
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=5207574#primary_content

Oh yes that is definitely proof positive :rolleyes:
So what if theyre a working democracy? Its run by a bunch of far right hard line religious zealots hell bend on the genocide and forceful incorporation of the areas into their own little country. The fact it is a working democracy does not in any way excuse the countless war crimes they commit on a daily basis.

Let me give you another analogy, you justify supporting a terrorist organisation because people support your so claimed "terrorist organisation".

Very good, theres just one itty bitty problem with your hypothesis - aside from the US and Israel no one, not Britain nor the EU consider Hizbollah's political wing to be a terror group. As for their militant arm I would still say they more meet the definition of a militia than a terror group.
It still baffles me how you can consider a group fighting an illegal occupation to be anything other than a freedom fighting group.
Original post by Napp
Very good, theres just one itty bitty problem with your hypothesis - aside from the US and Israel no one, not Britain nor the EU consider Hizbollah's political wing to be a terror group.

Add Canada, France, Japan, Netherlands.
And also the Arab League.
As for their militant arm I would still say they more meet the definition of a militia than a terror group.
It still baffles me how you can consider a group fighting an illegal occupation to be anything other than a freedom fighting group.

The following countries that do not consider Hezbollah a terror organization:
China, Cuba, Iran, Iraq, Noth Korea, Russia, Syria, Venezuela.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hezbollah#Designation_as_a_terrorist_organization_or_resistance_movement
Welcome to the club. :cool:
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 23
Original post by admonit

I already said two of those..

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hezbollah#Designation_as_a_terrorist_organization_or_resistance_movement

Indeed they dont, along with the EU countries et al.
It makes little difference what westerners consider it though the simple fact of the matter is they are an integral part of the Lebanese political system.
Didn't Lebanon kick israel's ass back in 06? Damn,they coming back for second rounds
Original post by Napp

I know? I just explicitly said I wasnt going to answer it?
If you say so champ :rolleyes:

OK Dodgy@Napp. Why won't you answer it, because you know if you do you will entirely contradict both your opinions of liberalism and your staunch support of Hezbollah and risk being called a hypocrite and have no reply to it because you will contradict yourself further. Just answer the question!

Oh yes that is definitely proof positive :rolleyes:
So what if theyre a working democracy? Its run by a bunch of far right hard line religious zealots hell bend on the genocide and forceful incorporation of the areas into their own little country. The fact it is a working democracy does not in any way excuse the countless war crimes they commit on a daily basis.

So now you are proving yourself to be undemocratic by not respecting the democratic decision of a country, you don't have to support them I don't support them but I respect the peoples of Israels decision. True, but I never excused them of their war crimes I claimed that we should work with them to mend the divisions of the middle east because they are a democracy.Hamas aren't Hezbollah aren't, they rig elections on a daily basis and like Hezbollah who blocked the appointment of a president twice because they didn't agree with his policies. Are you democratic or not?

Very good, theres just one itty bitty problem with your hypothesis - aside from the US and Israel no one, not Britain nor the EU consider Hizbollah's political wing to be a terror group. As for their militant arm I would still say they more meet the definition of a militia than a terror group.

Who is referring to their political wing? I am talking about the masked men persecuting minorities, threatening Israel every day and bombing people who disagree with them.
Diplomacy, everything can be solved by diplomacy surely a person who studies International relations should know this.
Original post by admonit

What better praise can a group receive than not be recognised or be labeled a terrorist organisation by the biggest terrorist states in the world foremost of which the US, Saudi Arabia and "Israel"...buddies in arms.
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 27
OK Dodgy@Napp. Why won't you answer it, because you know if you do you will entirely contradict both your opinions of liberalism and your staunch support of Hezbollah and risk being called a hypocrite and have no reply to it because you will contradict yourself further. Just answer the question!

Nope I see no point in answering a fallacious question which is only being asked to irk me.
Who said I was a liberal?

[quote]
So now you are proving yourself to be undemocratic by not respecting the democratic decision of a country, you don't have to support them I don't support them but I respect the peoples of Israels decision. True, but I never excused them of their war crimes I claimed that we should work with them to mend the divisions of the middle east because they are a democracy.Hamas aren't Hezbollah aren't, they rig elections on a daily basis and like Hezbollah who blocked the appointment of a president twice because they didn't agree with his policies. Are you democratic or not?
I respect things that earn ones respect, I will not respect a corrupt thief like Bibi.
What is it with these very werid ad hominem diatribes? They're very weird and doing a jolly good job of undercutting whatever weak argument you might have started with.
When you have an understanding of Lebanese politics I might actually debate that point with you but for now im going to let you continue to wiki these things.

Who is referring to their political wing? I am talking about the masked men persecuting minorities, threatening Israel every day and bombing people who disagree with them.
Diplomacy, everything can be solved by diplomacy surely a person who studies International relations should know this.

Me, its my thread ?:s-smilie:
You do know they have their base in the south around the Bekaa right where almost everyone in shia to start with? But please do send me some evidence of this systematic persecution of minorities, go on.
Who cares if they threaten israel? Israel is sitting on Lebanese territory and has tried to militarily conquer the lan several times - theyre nothing but an expansionist colonialist menace.
I studied IR, I study SS.
However maybe one when you graduate from Alevel to something more disciplined you'll notice that diplomacy most certainly does not solve everything.
Reply 28
Original post by queen-bee
Didn't Lebanon kick israel's ass back in 06? Damn,they coming back for second rounds

Hezbollah certainly gave them a damn bloody nose for their efforts - the clip of them nearly sinking a IDF destroyer off of the corniche with an anti ship missile really was quite amusing!
Original post by Napp
Nope I see no point in answering a fallacious question which is only being asked to irk me.
Who said I was a liberal?

Nope you will only answer questions that you can answer without completely contradicting yourself, if you want to have a healthy debate then answer my questions that are fully reasonable.
I made the assumption from your many comments of pro abortion,female rights and LGBT. But if you wish not to be called this then I shall retract my statement.

I respect things that earn ones respect, I will not respect a corrupt thief like Bibi.
What is it with these very werid ad hominem diatribes? They're very weird and doing a jolly good job of undercutting whatever weak argument you might have started with.
When you have an understanding of Lebanese politics I might actually debate that point with you but for now im going to let you continue to wiki these things.

You doge another one of my questions that you can't answer you are undemocratic, just admit it. Are you denying that Hezbollah blocked the appointments of two presidents? Because justifying this and being pro democratic is quite a hypocritical stance.

Me, its my thread ?:s-smilie:
You do know they have their base in the south around the Bekaa right where almost everyone in shia to start with? But please do send me some evidence of this systematic persecution of minorities, go on.
Who cares if they threaten israel? Israel is sitting on Lebanese territory and has tried to militarily conquer the lan several times - theyre nothing but an expansionist colonialist menace.
However maybe one when you graduate from Alevel to something more disciplined you'll notice that diplomacy most certainly does not solve everything.

Anyone with basic knowledge of the middle east know that Hezbollah are persecuting Sunni minorities like the executions of Sunni Imams who were anti-Hezbollah. If maybe they treated the situation with peace and diplomacy Israel wouldn't be trying to steal land forcefully. Truthful answer. Do you in your right mind believe that if terrorist states and organisations weren't so hostile towards Israel the middle east would be in the same position it is right now?

Sorry, you are a mysterious person so all my knowledge on you is based on assumption.

OK, you're the expert.
Reply 30
Nope you will only answer questions that you can answer without completely contradicting yourself, if you want to have a healthy debate then answer my questions that are fully reasonable.
I made the assumption from your many comments of pro abortion,female rights and LGBT. But if you wish not to be called this then I shall retract my statement.

In your opinion they might be, by every other measure your question was and is ridiculous so alas no, i will not answer it. Come back with a question on the topic at hand and not some odd crack pot hypothetical and I will happily answer it though.
I simply dont like people assuming my political bent. The people on here have called me everything from a Nazi through to a Communist so i'm afraid i put little stock in your et al. assumptions.

You doge another one of my questions that you can't answer you are undemocratic, just admit it. Are you denying that Hezbollah blocked the appointments of two presidents? Because justifying this and being pro democratic is quite a hypocritical stance.

I have never dodged any questions, i outright refused to dignify one with a response but that isnt dodging.
Assume what you want mate :smile:

Anyone with basic knowledge of the middle east know that Hezbollah are persecuting Sunni minorities like the executions of Sunni Imams who were anti-Hezbollah. If maybe they treated the situation with peace and diplomacy Israel wouldn't be trying to steal land forcefully. Truthful answer. Do you in your right mind believe that if terrorist states and organisations weren't so hostile towards Israel the middle east would be in the same position it is right now?

I'm simply asking you to actually show me the specific instances where they are persecuting people as ISIS do - you have thus far failed to do this, make a claim and back it up.
Dont be so naive.
and who are the 'terrorist states' you refer to? Lebanon? The same Lebanon Israels ally actively funds and gives aid to? Come off of it :lol:
I'm sorry but it is evident from all you have said you have no clue about which you speak - With all due respect but you are an alevel student using a news paper as your only source whilst I have made frequent trips to Lebanon and met with ministers withing the M14 alliance and Hezbollah itself - i feel i can speak with more authority on this subject than you.

Sorry, you are a mysterious person so all my knowledge on you is based on assumption.

why thank you, i do my best.

OK, you're the expert.

everything is relative but yes in this instance you are right.
Reply 31
Allah is with those who are innocent and oppressed, Allah is with those who remember him in times of trials, tribulation as well as joyous occasions.
Oh muslimeen! fight against injustice, fight against evil, fight with honour and fight without a fear of life. For surely, jannah lies in your path. Protect your your christian brothers and sisters.
Original post by Napp
I already said two of those..

Where? Actually you said that only the US and Israel consider Hezbollah's political wing to be a terror group.
Indeed they dont, along with the EU countries et al.

Nope. That's why they are in different lists. Read again my link and try to be honest in the discussion.
It makes little difference what westerners consider it though the simple fact of the matter is they are an integral part of the Lebanese political system.

Nobody disputes the fact that the terrorist group is an integral part of the Lebanese political system.
Original post by zubz91
Allah is with those who are innocent and oppressed, Allah is with those who remember him in times of trials, tribulation as well as joyous occasions.
Oh muslimeen! fight against injustice, fight against evil, fight with honour and fight without a fear of life. For surely, jannah lies in your path. Protect your your christian brothers and sisters.

God save from such protection.
Reply 34
Original post by admonit
Where? Actually you said that only the US and Israel consider Hezbollah's political wing to be a terror group.

Nope. That's why they are in different lists. Read again my link and try to be honest in the discussion.

Nobody disputes the fact that the terrorist group is an integral part of the Lebanese political system.

You see I was going to apologise there for that statement as i misread what you wrote but i dont think I will now - generally speaking if you want to have a civilized debate you dont call people liars for no good reason.

It still isnt a terrorist group though. By every metric it is not but a militia - they are not opposing the Israelis for some ideological reason it really is quite a lot simpler than that, they want their country back and the zionists to stop assassinating their citizens, abducting them, invading their country and generally meddling in their affairs.
I must say I do find you hard right people rather droll calling Hizbullah terrorists though but not calling the Israelis, Americans et al. terrorists as well, aside from astounding hypocrisy it also demonstrates a certain level of ignorance that is quite hard to master, props for that.
Reply 35
Original post by admonit
God save from such protection.

hahaahhaaahha location : Israel. of course you would say that
Original post by Napp
You see I was going to apologise there for that statement as i misread what you wrote but i dont think I will now - generally speaking if you want to have a civilized debate you dont call people liars for no good reason.

It still isnt a terrorist group though. By every metric it is not but a militia - they are not opposing the Israelis for some ideological reason it really is quite a lot simpler than that, they want their country back and the zionists to stop assassinating their citizens, abducting them, invading their country and generally meddling in their affairs.
I must say I do find you hard right people rather droll calling Hizbullah terrorists though but not calling the Israelis, Americans et al. terrorists as well, aside from astounding hypocrisy it also demonstrates a certain level of ignorance that is quite hard to master, props for that.

You are wasting your time with this person my friend. People like this have zero shame. They could not care less for the truth. Its their mortal enemy. They live in and support a country built on stolen land, an occupation, and they have the audacity to call others terrorists. If there was a definition for the word terrorism in the form of a country it would be "Israel"...
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by CookieButter
You are wasting your time with this person my friend. People like this have zero shame. They could not care less for the truth. Its their mortal enemy.

Said a person that asserted that "many jews fought alongside and helped hitler in the second world war".
They live in and support a country built on stolen land, an occupation, and they have the audacity to call others terrorists.

Don't worry, I wouldn't call you a terrorist, but just a supporter of terrorists. :cool:
Reply 38
Original post by admonit
Said a person that asserted that "many jews fought alongside and helped hitler in the second world war".

Depending on how you define 'helped' quite a few probably did.

Don't worry, I wouldn't call you a terrorist, but just a supporter of terrorists. :cool:

The user clearly said they don't support Israel though?
Original post by Napp
Depending on how you define 'helped' quite a few probably did.

So with the definition of "fought" you have no problem? Excellent. It makes my task easier. :cool:

Oxford dictionaries.
help
verb
Make it easier or possible for (someone) to do something by offering them one's services or resources.
(edited 6 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending