The Student Room Group

A-Level Maths Modules Combination AQA

I was doing Maths (C1 C2 M1) and Further Maths (FP1 D1 D2) in year 12 and I quit doing Further Maths this year. Im currently studying Maths (C3 C4 S1), in case I do not get a decent marks in S1 . Can I swap S1 with D2 so that the combination would be C1 C2 C3 C4 M1 D2 as the six units of the Core Maths modules? Is that alright? much thanks.
Original post by 5l1t
I was doing Maths (C1 C2 M1) and Further Maths (FP1 D1 D2) in year 12 and I quit doing Further Maths this year. Im currently studying Maths (C3 C4 S1), in case I do not get a decent marks in S1 . Can I swap S1 with D2 so that the combination would be C1 C2 C3 C4 M1 D2 as the six units of the Core Maths modules? Is that alright? much thanks.

As long as your exam entries and cash-in is done correctly, aqa will automatically choose the best combination to optimise your A level maths grade. However, M1 and D2 is not an allowed maths combination, M1 and D1 would be possible.
Reply 2
If C1C2C3C4M1D1 is alright, does that mean my As Further maths modules will become Fp1D2S1 ? Am i right?
Reply 3
Original post by gdunne42
As long as your exam entries and cash-in is done correctly, aqa will automatically choose the best combination to optimise your A level maths grade. However, M1 and D2 is not an allowed maths combination, M1 and D1 would be possible.

If C1C2C3C4M1D1 is alright, does that mean my As Further maths modules will become Fp1D2S1 ? Am i right?
Original post by 5l1t

Yes
If that combination leads to the best possible maths grade
Reply 5
Original post by gdunne42
Yes
If that combination leads to the best possible maths grade

but what will happen to my AS further maths grade and those modules?

Quick Reply

Latest