The Student Room Group
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds

Scroll to see replies

I've got an interview day in just over a week. Granted I applied right near the deadline so everyone has already done their interview days but I'm not sure if they've got an offer yet or if PwC is waiting for the final day to make any decisions.
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds
Reply 2
I think they don’t w8 till the end, the unis said they would give you the results a couple of days after the interview. I applied for both Birmingham and Leeds, and got accepted to an asessment day at both (28 feb and 7 march). Hope I’ll see you there, and I wish you all the luck! 😊
Original post by RalucaA
I think they don’t w8 till the end, the unis said they would give you the results a couple of days after the interview. I applied for both Birmingham and Leeds, and got accepted to an asessment day at both (28 feb and 7 march). Hope I’ll see you there, and I wish you all the luck! 😊

That's actually not reassuring at all! Is it possible PwC has already made their minds up about the 40 people they're going to accept at each uni?

I may see you at the Birmingham one but I'm still waiting on a response from them to confirm an interview day.
You too, this is definitely a once in a lifetime opportunity :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by 0xFFFFail
That's actually not reassuring at all! Is it possible PwC has already made their minds up about the 40 people they're going to accept at each uni?

I may see you at the Birmingham one but I'm still waiting on a response from them to confirm an interview day.
You too, this is definitely a once in a lifetime opportunity :smile:

Well, I didn’t mean to be reassuring at all, i’m just as stressed as you are 😂😂😂.
However, I don’t think pwc would assess us for nothing... I believe they make an offer to a limited number of applicants per assessment session.
Original post by RalucaA
Well, I didn’t mean to be reassuring at all, i’m just as stressed as you are 😂😂😂.
However, I don’t think pwc would assess us for nothing... I believe they make an offer to a limited number of applicants per assessment session.

Yeah that's a good point, everyday is so stressful actually 😂 , still need to sort out my hotel for next Wednesday let alone fully prep for the interview.
Reply 6
Well, good luck with everything, and hope to see you soon! 😊
Reply 7
You will be put into groups and have to complete 2 exercises for the university itself (these don’t get assessed) and 2 for the PwC apprenticeship which you get assessed on. I did my assessment day on the 7th February ( which was a Wednesday) and I got offered a place the following Monday so they don’t make you wait very long.As long as you do your research beforehand you shouldn’t have anything to worry about. If you haven’t already do some of the psychometric assessments on the PwC website as they are an indicator of what the assessment will be like. I found that they really helped.Good luck and I hope this helps you prepare.
Original post by ft.413
You will be put into groups and have to complete 2 exercises for the university itself (these don’t get assessed) and 2 for the PwC apprenticeship which you get assessed on. I did my assessment day on the 7th February ( which was a Wednesday) and I got offered a place the following Monday so they don’t make you wait very long.As long as you do your research beforehand you shouldn’t have anything to worry about. If you haven’t already do some of the psychometric assessments on the PwC website as they are an indicator of what the assessment will be like. I found that they really helped.Good luck and I hope this helps you prepare.

Wow thanks a lot!
Massive congrats on getting offered a place :smile:
Did you feel you were the best out of your group?
Reply 9
Wow thanks a lot!
Massive congrats on getting offered a place :smile:
Did you feel you were the best out of your group?

I definitely didn't feel like I was the best in my group because there was so many people who seemed to be more confident. However, this was just in my little group as we didn’t get as much of an opportunity to speak to the others. So I do not know how other groups did on the day.
Had the assessment day on the 7th and just got an offer!

Good luck to those still waiting to hear :biggrin:
Original post by lukewood42
Had the assessment day on the 7th and just got an offer!

Good luck to those still waiting to hear :biggrin:

Same! Which group were you in?
Same! Which group were you in?

I was in group 4!
Original post by lukewood42
I was in group 4!

ah I was in group 1 :P

glad to hear I'm going to see other people from the applicant day in September :smile:
Hey, Raluca. It's Tim, we met at Birmingham and Leeds at the assessments days. I was looking for info about the course and I found your post! Did you get an offer?
Reply 15
Original post by tim_critt
Hey, Raluca. It's Tim, we met at Birmingham and Leeds at the assessments days. I was looking for info about the course and I found your post! Did you get an offer?

Hi, I didn’t get any offer. Tbh I don’t mind, because the last interviewer told me that I would be “more suitable for the academic environment rather than a corporative one”, and I feel like he was right.
Anyways, it looks to me like you’ve got accepted since you’re doing further research on this. Many congrats! Hope you’re doing well!
Reply 16
Anyone got an unconditional offer?
Reply 17
Hi, I've done a lot of numerical reasoning tests and the normal interview prep. Do they do these tests on the day and what are the assessments like?
Original post by RalucaA

Hi RalucaA, when you applied for both Birmingham and Leeds did you complete just one online assessment? I have recently applied to both but filled in an application just for Leeds, apparently the same application and assessment work for both universities, did this happen with you?
Hello. If anyone is currently doing the PwC Computer Science (Digital and Technology Solutions) degree apprenticeship, I would really appreciate some help.
I am in Year 12 doing A Level maths, further maths, physics and economics. I am thinking about doing that apprenticeship after year 13 in Leeds or Birmingham.
I was wondering how you are finding it.
E.g. what kind of things do you do everyday?
Do you do some economics related work, or just computer science?
How much programming and computer science knowledge did you have before you applied?
How much time do you spend at university compared to working?
Does it involve a lot of maths?
Do you think it may be a better option than a maths university degree?

Thanks so much.

Latest