The Student Room Group

Why Liberal Snowflakes Hypocrites

I had a working class upbringing and bothered to listen to my parents. As well as that I bothered to look around me and see what is happening to the country. The culture our parents and their parents had created for us is being eroded by a handful of left wing liberal snowflakes primarily from our age group.

These people actually get offended on other's behalves, which is a concept I just can't come to terms with. They have taken the emphasis away from having a strong back bone, and put blame onto those who may inadvertently upset someone from an ethnic or minority group. So big deal, somebody says something you don't like, SHOULDERS BACK AND GET ON WITH IT, that's what I say.

Universities are breeding grounds for such people, people who are intolerant of other peoples views, people who start throwing names around, such as fascist and homophobe, just because someone has a different opinion to their's. For example, snowflakes hate everything Islam stands for, it's intolerance to gay people, the way Muslim women are treated, and the barbaric attitude towards to animals, however, say anything negative about Islam or it's followers and they will shout you down at a moments notice. They love homeless people, and want them all to be given a big house in the country, and can't understand why we haven't got enough homes, yet they want to open the gates to just about every foreigner who wants to come into the country. So where are we going to put them all I ask? There are more examples, but I think you get my point.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by SpursMan
Universities are breeding grounds for such people

Now, I don't attend Uni

So how do you know what universities are like if you don't go to one?
Reply 2
I am an apprentice, and spent the first two years attending one. If you go to uni, you know who these people are. Don't let them get away with, and what's more, don't be scared of using physical violence.

Clearly not au fait with laws regarding assault, huh?
Original post by Drewski

LOL, well then talk about hypocrites.....
Reply 4
I am no lawyer, but from what I can understand punching or kicking a snowflake is OK as long as they don't actually die. I am prepared to be corrected on this, but I expect solid proof with absolute reference to their political beliefs.

It is very much against the law to assault someone. I really hope you’re trolling and there aren’t actually people that think you’re free to beat people up as long as they don’t actually die.
Reply 5
I am no lawyer, but from what I can understand punching or kicking a snowflake is OK as long as they don't actually die. I am prepared to be corrected on this, but I expect solid proof with absolute reference to their political beliefs.

I am no lawyer, but from what I can understand is that people regardless of of political affiliation and beliefs most certainly should not take the time to...

Spoiler

(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 6
Original post by cat_mac
It is very much against the law to assault someone. I really hope you’re trolling and there aren’t actually people that think you’re free to beat people up as long as they don’t actually die.

If that avatar is you, I will do what ever you want, and can we get married ?
I had a working class upbringing and bothered to listen to my parents. As well as that I bothered to look around me and see what is happening to the country. The culture our parents and their parents had created for us is being eroded by a handful of left wing liberal snowflakes primarily from our age group.

These people actually get offended on other's behalves, which is a concept I just can't come to terms with. They have taken the emphasis away from having a strong back bone, and put blame onto those who may inadvertently upset someone from an ethnic or minority group. So big deal, somebody says something you don't like, SHOULDERS BACK AND GET ON WITH IT, that's what I say.

Universities are breeding grounds for such people, people who are intolerant of other peoples views, people who start throwing names around, such as fascist and homophobe, just because someone has a different opinion to their's. For example, snowflakes hate everything Islam stands for, it's intolerance to gay people, the way Muslim women are treated, and the barbaric attitude towards to animals, however, say anything negative about Islam or it's followers and they will shout you down at a moments notice. They love homeless people, and want them all to be given a big house in the country, and can't understand why we haven't got enough homes, yet they want to open the gates to just about every foreigner who wants to come into the country. So where are we going to put them all I ask? There are more examples, but I think you get my point.

Now, I don't attend Uni, but if you see any of these people walking around (and you will) please give them a kick from me, and as many as you want from you :smile:

people who start throwing names around, .... For example, snowflakes hate everything

Hilaire.

For someone who doesn't go to uni then you appear to have a good idea of what goes on there.
Reply 8
Original post by Drewski

probably foxnews
Reply 9
Original post by 999tigger
people who start throwing names around, .... For example, snowflakes hate everything

Hilaire.

For someone who doesn't go to uni then you appear to have a good idea of what goes on there.

Smowflake is a description, not a derogatory term.

Hilaire.

They did "attend" uni for 2 year apparently although given its an apprenticeship scheme i assume its like the ones where you go to college one day a week for a couple of hours. Therefore we can assume this person hasn't actually experienced true uni culture as a melting pot of cultures and ideas. Say going to uni was like watching a film, OPs experience was more like looking at a movie poster and judging the film solely on that without having watched it.

I'm not saying these types of apprenticeships are bad by the way i think they are actually Quite good. Quite a few of my friends did that sort of thing and enjoyed it and have careers they enjoy.
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by TomW624
They did "attend" uni for 2 year apparently although given its an apprenticeship scheme i assume its like the ones where you go to college one day a week for a couple of hours. Therefore we can assume this person hasn't actually experienced true uni culture as a melting pot of cultures and ideas. Say going to uni was like watching a film, OPs experience was more like looking at a movie poster and judging the film solely on that without having watched it.

I'm not saying these types of apprenticeships are bad by the way i think they are actually Quite good. Quite a few of my friends did that sort of thing and enjoyed it and have careers they enjoy.

I saw later down. They seem insecure. Perhaps theres a reason it was only two years or maybe he is still attending.
Smowflake is a description, not a derogatory term.

Course it is. Anyone who disagrees with you.

Are you still at uni? Why were you there only for two years?
Course it is. Anyone who disagrees with you.

Are you still at uni? Why were you there only for two years?

And how regular was your attendance? Every day? a couples of days a week? or one day a week?
Original post by TomW624
And how regular was your attendance? Every day? a couples of days a week? or one day a week?

Strange question. What is your point?
Strange question. What is your point?

Its not a strange question. If they attended uni as part of an apprenticeship they wouldn't attend full time. In many cases when apprenticeships involve learning at college or uni its 1 day at uni/college 4 days at work.

All I'm saying is that they may have attended uni for 2 years but if they only attended 1 day a week for two years its not really truly experiencing uni don't you think?

Get what I mean?

I'm just wondering how much time they spent there getting involved and what not. As i say i know quite a few people who did apprenticeships like that and they'd go to their day at college just to sit there not learning treating it more like high school than higher learning. So if OP went in one day a week, sat in a class room barely paying attention and not getting involved with uni life i wouldn't really count that as attending uni.

Do you agree?

However if this was not the case i'm as interested in you in learning about their two year experience and what it was like for them :smile:
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by TomW624
Its not a strange question. If they attended uni as part of an apprenticeship they wouldn't attend full time. In many cases when apprenticeships involve learning at college or uni its 1 day at uni/college 4 days at work.

All I'm saying is that they may have attended uni for 2 years but if they only attended 1 day a week for two years its not really truly experiencing uni don't you think?

Get what I mean?

I'm just wondering how much time they spent there getting involved and what not. As i say i know quite a few people who did apprenticeships like that and they'd go to their day at college just to sit there not learning treating it more like high school than higher learning. So if OP went in one day a week, sat in a class room barely paying attention and not getting involved with uni life i wouldn't really count that as attending uni.

Do you agree?

Yes I agree. I was thinking along other lines as to why they might be attending uni. It is unclear what they were doing and that would clarify things. Not all Unis have HNC or HND. Some people only manage two years for other reasons.
Yes I agree. I was thinking along other lines as to why they might be attending uni. It is unclear what they were doing and that would clarify things. Not all Unis have HNC or HND. Some people only manage two years for other reasons.

Oh yeah i totally agree there's a whole myriad of reasons people wont complete the whole course. I'm just basing this on my knowledge of apprenticeships and the fact OP said he was doing one. Sorry for any confusion :smile:
Universities are a breeding ground for laziness and degeneracy but really you just have to get it past yourself and not let something so immaterial bother you. Some effort in your studies along with the comfort that 54-55% of graduates will end up in low-skilled work (mostly those you probably don't like) should get you through.

More than likely that the psychology student with nose piercings and a Corbyn t-shirt will turn his part-time coffee shop job to full-time after graduating. Society balances itself out.

I agree that university culture causes left-wing tripe around the country and perpetuating 'the Offended' as a full-time career or protesters and Gruniad freelancers, but in reality this blame does not lie on our generation per se, but on two sources:

A) Lecturers, who have increasingly taken on left-wing views since the 90s as fewer and fewer have ever worked outside of the academia, are spreading their bs
B) Successive governments since Blair and Clinton who have made life for young people in this country and the one across the pond excessively difficult through the pursuance of growth at the expense of its quality.

Tuition fees are fine in principle. An uncontrolled housing market is okay too.

An uncontrolled housing market and skyrocketing tuition fees together are incompatible however, and those two (or at least the combination of the two) is what is pulling up the Labour vote to 80-90% among the 18-24 age group and a firm majority right up to 40.

I do not share any values of Labour, but I still vote for it. My life is made much harder by the status quo than solutions to my problems alongside ******** ideas. I'd rather have my debt cleared and this country fall to Venezuelan living standards so I can emigrate debt-free with a degree than be stuck here forever paying rent to a bloated landlord until I drop dead.

You'll note that in countries where the housing system isn't broke, like Germany, and in countries where the tuition system works (low or non-existent fees, no grade inflation as fewer people go to university) like France, the young are far less likely to engage in far-left politics.

In countries where the housing system is near perfect and educational opportunities for the young are brilliant, like in the Czech Republic and Austria, there absolutely isn't any kind of voter gap based on age whatsoever.

In fact some countries seem to take a horseshoe, as this description can be applied to Poland and to a lesser extent Turkey as well, and in both of these countries the young tend to be more right-wing than the average person. This is most pronounced in Poland where the core base for a far-right libertarian party who want to eliminate the safety net and limit government spending to 10% of GDP is the 20 year old voter.

It goes back to the principles of F.D. Roosevelt in an age of extremism - the best weapon against radicalism, be it communism or fascism, is the success of capitalism. Capitalism is anything but proving itself to be the optimal choice at the moment for the majority of voters. I highly doubt that the Conservatives will continue to govern this country beyond 2022 unless they pull another early election or they sort out the issues mentioned.

There's also the gender gap aside from the age gap, and this too stems from universities and the media.

In 2005 the gender gap between Males and Females was non-existent, apart from a point gain for Lib Dems and a point loss for Greens when it came to women.

In 2017, the gender gap between Males and Females was wide enough to completely overturn the result. Had only females voted, Labour would be leading the country in a hung parliament (43% Lab, 43% Tory). Had only Males voted, the Conservatives would be governing with the largest majority they in over 90 years - before WW1. Seems like another social balance - each time the media cause women to turn more progressive, men naturally become more regressive. Dangerous. But fun for the future.
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 19
Original post by TomW624
Oh yeah i totally agree there's a whole myriad of reasons people wont complete the whole course. I'm just basing this on my knowledge of apprenticeships and the fact OP said he was doing one. Sorry for any confusion :smile:

All this is irrelevant because the thread is about snowflakes, not me. Now, can we all join in on our condemnation of these people who attempt to ruin our culture

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending