The Student Room Group

Business Management

I try my best-doing BM but I never get any good grades. I need your help so that I can get good grades in my BM exam.
Original post by Neha Gupta
I try my best-doing BM but I never get any good grades. I need your help so that I can get good grades in my BM exam.

Hi Neha
I teach Leadership & Strategy. What help do you need?
Reply 2
Original post by OldMan17
Hi Neha

A problem of me is that I don't understand the concept behind the chapter and some chapter I understand the concept but I get confused how to answer my question.
A problem of me is that I don't understand the concept behind the chapter and some chapter I understand the concept but I get confused how to answer my question.

If you have a chapter, let's say on Marketing Strategy, one idea is to go to youtube and watch a video on someone talking about it. That might help. Or send me a chapter and I can explain it more simply.

How you answer - 1st explain the concept and then go on to say how it is applied in the real world. I can give you some examples if you need help.

What are you working on just now?
Reply 4
If you have a chapter, let's say on Marketing Strategy, one idea is to go to youtube and watch a video on someone talking about it. That might help. Or send me a chapter and I can explain it more simply.

How you answer - 1st explain the concept and then go on to say how it is applied in the real world. I can give you some examples if you need help.

What are you working on just now?

we are going to have an exam next month, Functions and evolution human resource management, Organizational structure, Leadership, and management, Motivation. Those are my topic. I need to work on. I promise my sir that I will get good grades. if you can help me it will be a great thing for me. I need your help for my next exam. Thank you so much.
we are going to have an exam next month, Functions and evolution human resource management, Organizational structure, Leadership, and management, Motivation. Those are my topic. I need to work on. I promise my sir that I will get good grades. if you can help me it will be a great thing for me. I need your help for my next exam. Thank you so much.

Here goes. Functions and evolution of Human Resource Management. 30 years ago HR departments were there for payroll, and as such they were called payroll. Then Unions came along and they became personnel departments. Since the 1980's they got called human Resource departments.
Their job is to get, keep and grow the best people to do the jobs needed to be done.
Nowadays they have to predict how many people they will need, and with what skills, and that depends on future predictions of growth.
Here's a slide show that might help:
https://prezi.com/xyoceaw1g_hv/21-functions-and-evolution-of-human-resources-management-2014/

Organisational structure - the shape of an organisation follows the function of what it does. If you make engines, you need engineers and production staff, if you are a restaurant, you need chefs and waiters. The purpose of organisational structure is to have the right number of people in the right place and doing the right work.

Leadership and Management. Best to read as many articles on google as you can. Leadership and management can be quite different. Again, youtube will be a good tool to use.

Motivation. Lots of theories, read an article by Rob Goffee and Gareth Jones called 'why should anyone be led by you'. Available through harvard business review. Wish I had time to write more but don't hesitate to ask.
Where are you studying?
Reply 7
Hi Neha

Hi Neha

I am a PhD student, my area of specialty is business management.

Could you tell me what type of help you need?
Hi, Neha, I am running my blog (www.bm3school.com) where I publish business articles for business students to success in their exams. You can take a look at this blog, it might help you.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending