The Student Room Group

BTEC Overall Grade and UCAS Points Calculator

Hey everyone,

I have no idea if there's already something like this already on the forums, etc. but I created this a few years ago - and I know I never shared it - so here we go, this is a really basic calculator for working out your UCAS points, it includes the pre-2017 UCAS points as well - just in case anyone needs those.

If anyone finds any issues with it - let me know!

Home page: http://bteccalculator.ultimategge.co.uk/

It takes the information for each of your grades from each Unit - and then turns that into your overall grade - you can also use it to calculate what you think you can achieve and work out a rough target grade.

Hope it helps y'all ;o)

Angus
Original post by ang1243
Hey everyone,

I have no idea if there's already something like this already on the forums, etc. but I created this a few years ago - and I know I never shared it - so here we go, this is a really basic calculator for working out your UCAS points, it includes the pre-2017 UCAS points as well - just in case anyone needs those.

If anyone finds any issues with it - let me know!

Home page: http://bteccalculator.ultimategge.co.uk/

It takes the information for each of your grades from each Unit - and then turns that into your overall grade - you can also use it to calculate what you think you can achieve and work out a rough target grade.

Hope it helps y'all ;o)

Angus

Very good Angus

Is there a button on where you can auto fill with all one grade rather than having to put in every entry?

I assume the bands have been checked with Pearson and are accurate. I will use the link in future. It will save me time when advising others thanks.
Reply 2
Original post by 999tigger
Very good Angus

Is there a button on where you can auto fill with all one grade rather than having to put in every entry?

Hey there,

I haven't added a button to autofill all of the same grade as of yet - but I agree that would be really handy - I'll look into changing that.

I assume the bands have been checked with Pearson and are accurate. I will use the link in future. It will save me time when advising others thanks.

To be honest, I have only done basic research into checking it across courses - however everyone that has used it so far has come up with the correct results - so I wouldn't use it for anything official - but I'd be happy recommending it to anyone who just wants to work out what their grade should be.
Original post by ang1243
Hey there,

I haven't added a button to autofill all of the same grade as of yet - but I agree that would be really handy - I'll look into changing that.

To be honest, I have only done basic research into checking it across courses - however everyone that has used it so far has come up with the correct results - so I wouldn't use it for anything official - but I'd be happy recommending it to anyone who just wants to work out what their grade should be.

It needs to be checked v the Pearson boundaries otherwise its not reliable.
https://qualifications.pearson.com/content/dam/pdf/BTEC-Nationals/Sport/2010/Specification/Nationals-Sport-supplementary-credit-and-grading-notes.pdf
Reply 4

Apologies - I thought you meant check it with Pearson - i.e. contact them and get them to check it - yes, all of the data fed into the calculations is taken from a pearson document like that for level 3 certificates - so yes, it has been checked in comparison to the boundaries provided by Pearson :biggrin:
Original post by ang1243
Apologies - I thought you meant check it with Pearson - i.e. contact them and get them to check it - yes, all of the data fed into the calculations is taken from a pearson document like that for level 3 certificates - so yes, it has been checked in comparison to the boundaries provided by Pearson :biggrin:

Ahh thats fine then. It would be helpful if students had part of a lesson on how the calculation works at the start of the curse and then they could jeep track. By en large queries are mostly for BTEC Extended Diploma.
Reply 6
Ahh thats fine then. It would be helpful if students had part of a lesson on how the calculation works at the start of the curse and then they could jeep track. By en large queries are mostly for BTEC Extended Diploma.

Yh, I remember having a quick explanation on how it was all calculated - I did an Extended diploma in Business - but it really was pretty brief, and it just outlined what was in that document you linked really - lots of numbers and not much explanation :wink:

Quick Reply

Latest