The Student Room Group

Being single in a group of friends with boyfriends

I'm almost 18 and I have never actually had a serious relationship, I wouldn't care as much if my friends were single but they all have boyfriends and are slowly drifting apart from me as they seem to always be with their boyfriends rather than me. What should I do as I feel alone and it's nearly my birthday and I wanted to spend it with friends?
Have birthday celebrations and invite your friends and if any ask if they can bring their boyfriends just say no.
Original post by EastLondonGirl
I'm almost 18 and I have never actually had a serious relationship, I wouldn't care as much if my friends were single but they all have boyfriends and are slowly drifting apart from me as they seem to always be with their boyfriends rather than me. What should I do as I feel alone and it's nearly my birthday and I wanted to spend it with friends?

Make new friends

Posted from TSR Mobile
Invite them to your birthday. Celebrate your birthday with your family, cousins?

Also don't feel pressured to be in a relationship just because they have a boyfriend.

You're only a very young person.

You could try online dating, speed dating, joining clubs out of interest, meeting men through your hobbies, through education, through your network and going out.

Quick Reply

Latest