The Student Room Group

What kind of loan should I apply for?

Hello everyone. I am currently in my gap year and i have firmed a course at the university of Leeds and i have put a course a Lincoln university as a back up. My only condition for the course at least is passing a programme called the kickstart programme. I am currently applying for loans however i don't know if i should apply for a normal maintenance which is like up to 4000£ or there is a higher one up to 8000£ or you can select a specific amount. However I haven't applied for accommodation since i wanted to make sure i got accepted for loans first. Now i'm unsure of what to do. I know accommodation prices at Leeds can vary a bit. My only criteria for accommodation is en suite other than that i couldn't care what type it is. Prices for this criteria can vary from 4000£. Does anyone know what kind of loan i should go for? Thank you in advance for any answers.
Original post by ItsMeDario
Hello everyone. I am currently in my gap year and i have firmed a course at the university of Leeds and i have put a course a Lincoln university as a back up. My only condition for the course at least is passing a programme called the kickstart programme. I am currently applying for loans however i don't know if i should apply for a normal maintenance which is like up to 4000£ or there is a higher one up to 8000£ or you can select a specific amount. However I haven't applied for accommodation since i wanted to make sure i got accepted for loans first. Now i'm unsure of what to do. I know accommodation prices at Leeds can vary a bit. My only criteria for accommodation is en suite other than that i couldn't care what type it is. Prices for this criteria can vary from 4000£. Does anyone know what kind of loan i should go for? Thank you in advance for any answers.

Hi Dario,

You can apply for the higher loan amount and then change the amount at a later date on your online account if you don't wish to take the full entitlement.

Thanks

Catherine
Reply 2
Original post by Catherine SFE
Hi Dario,

You can apply for the higher loan amount and then change the amount at a later date on your online account if you don't wish to take the full entitlement.

Thanks

Catherine

Won't applying to a higher one decrease my chances of getting it?
Original post by ItsMeDario
Won't applying to a higher one decrease my chances of getting it?

Hi Dario,

The amount of loan that you are entitled to is based on your circumstances, I have enclosed a link for the funding calculator, by using this it will give you an estimate of your entitlement amount.

http://bit.ly/1eWRiXJ

Thanks

Catherine
Reply 4
Original post by Catherine SFE
Hi Dario,

The amount of loan that you are entitled to is based on your circumstances, I have enclosed a link for the funding calculator, by using this it will give you an estimate of your entitlement amount.

http://bit.ly/1eWRiXJ

Thanks

Catherine

Okay thank you very much. I'm sure this will be helpful.
This calculator is actually really helpful, thanks!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending