The Student Room Group

Ahh

Hey ,

Anyone know any tips for dealing with anger?

Thanks
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 1
I had a bit of an anger issue when i was younger, I used to get triggered really quickly and so my school gave me an appointment with a behaviour person. She ended up giving me a small deck of cards that had 'tips' written on them for when I felt like I was going to go overboard. The stuff on there was like 'count to ten' 'count backwards' 'recite the alphabet backwards' all stuff to get my mind off the topic. That was over 5 years ago and as such to this day i have had only 3 major tilts.
Try to do things that you know will get your mind of things, make it random, and do it quick, because if you are anything like me, then you need to calm down quick. I hope this helps a bit, goodluck
Reply 2
Thank you, I always get told to count to 10 but when I’m angry I never remember :frown:
Reply 3
Original post by happybuns
Thank you, I always get told to count to 10 but when I’m angry I never remember :frown:

I had this issue too, it was too tempting to let loose, but i always wore the cards around my neck so i would always feel it around my neck when i got mad, i really suggest this
I listen to black metal, with the volume turned all the way up. Always seems to work with me, idk why

But if black metal isn't something you're into then you can channel your anger into an activity like boxing?
Reply 5
Original post by Lemonsponge
I listen to black metal, with the volume turned all the way up. Always seems to work with me, idk why

But if black metal isn't something you're into then you can channel your anger into an activity like boxing?

Funny you said that, I’ve just started a boxing course, thanks!
Reply 6
Is there usually a reason you get angry or do you not really need a specific reason?

I know that's cheap armchair psychology but besides the typical advice (like counting or controlling your breathing rhythm), anger is often connected to other problems or doubts.

For me personally - running surely does the trick.
Reply 7
Original post by Wellfish
Is there usually a reason you get angry or do you not really need a specific reason?

I know that's cheap armchair psychology but besides the typical advice (like counting or controlling your breathing rhythm), anger is often connected to other problems or doubts.

For me personally - running surely does the trick.

I don’t get angry often and it’s usually if someone has upset me or disappointed me.
Reply 8
Original post by happybuns
I don’t get angry often and it’s usually if someone has upset me or disappointed me.

Ah, well, then i guess, it's maybe about your expectations. If it's not that often, it's at least not such a big deal. Feeling strongly about such stuff at least guarantees you won't be pushed around - it's just important to channel it into the right reaction.

Quick Reply

Latest