The Student Room Group

Lack of motivation?

I just find that I'm not very motivated in school, I'll leave homework to the last minute, not revise and yet still be surprised when I don't do well in a test. I can do and understand the work fine, it's just I'm not bothered to do it. I want to be more motivated, any tips?
Same here
Original post by pippa2.1
I just find that I'm not very motivated in school, I'll leave homework to the last minute, not revise and yet still be surprised when I don't do well in a test. I can do and understand the work fine, it's just I'm not bothered to do it. I want to be more motivated, any tips?

Think about what it means if you carry on. At some stage your exams an studies start to mean something.

1. Going to uni of choice.
2. Getting a better job.
3. Opportunities to have the life you want.
4. Making your parents and yourself proud
5. Feeling great about things

The alternative can be the opposite of those things or mediocrity of not doing your best and regret. Adult life is heading your way, so you have to decide whether you want a min wage job or start at a much ,lower level v being able to fight for the best jobs that you find interesting. Your choice. Change your ways or carry on as you are. Nobody except your parents cares whether you fail.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending