The Student Room Group

Edexcel Triple Science Revision/Resource???

Does anyone here know of any resources for revision / good practice for the Edexcel exam board for bio, chem and physics? Theres literally so many for AQA haha
What I would do is get your specification up and write down Flashcards based on the specification that’s what I did and now I’m at the top of the class !!
Original post by Year1118Xx
What I would do is get your specification up and write down Flashcards based on the specification that’s what I did and now I’m at the top of the class !!

Thanks!
I'm currently on the AQA Specification and the thing that's been getting me 9s in the sciences is myGCSEScience. I think they made an Edexcel version and it's really good as it has concise videos on every topic as well as exam questions under each video. I really recommend it even though its quite expensive.
Original post by chickennugs24
I'm currently on the AQA Specification and the thing that's been getting me 9s in the sciences is myGCSEScience. I think they made an Edexcel version and it's really good as it has concise videos on every topic as well as exam questions under each video. I really recommend it even though its quite expensive.

Thank you, would it be too late to start using it now? Could I still fit in revising all topics from there?
No it wouldn't, I covered paper 2 biology notes in about two days and I'm doing the exam questions throughout this week. You could get it like a month before and still get good grades if you constantly watch the videos and keep doing those exam questions. I also like to pair each video with the specification to write down anything that I missed in my notes. Hope this helps!
Original post by chickennugs24
No it wouldn't, I covered paper 2 biology notes in about two days and I'm doing the exam questions throughout this week. You could get it like a month before and still get good grades if you constantly watch the videos and keep doing those exam questions. I also like to pair each video with the specification to write down anything that I missed in my notes. Hope this helps!

Thanks I really appreciate this, it seem to be worth the money so I think I'll get it. :smile:
I did Edexcel GCSE science in 2016 and BBC bitesize was AMAZING! Not sure if the spec has changed since then tho but its worth checking it out <3 Also have you used CGP textbooks? These worked well for me and my classmates too!
Original post by scarlettt8
I did Edexcel GCSE science in 2016 and BBC bitesize was AMAZING! Not sure if the spec has changed since then tho but its worth checking it out <3 Also have you used CGP textbooks? These worked well for me and my classmates too!

Thanks:smile: I haven't looked at BBC bitesize much but I will! I do have the CGP books but they haven't helped me much so far in getting the grades I want, and yeah the spec has changed its so annoying!
Original post by indie.sxnds
Does anyone here know of any resources for revision / good practice for the Edexcel exam board for bio, chem and physics? Theres literally so many for AQA haha

http://freesciencelessons.co.uk

received a* using this ut has new 9-1 gcse now is well should do the trick good luck on your GCSE's also I must emphasise combine with pastpapers textbooks are useless this has got me through my exams in all exams I received A*'s.
Original post by Anonymous1502
http://freesciencelessons.co.uk

received a* using this ut has new 9-1 gcse now is well should do the trick good luck on your GCSE's also I must emphasise combine with pastpapers textbooks are useless this has got me through my exams in all exams I received A*'s.

thank you :smile: he is great, i’ve watched his videos before but I think he focuses more on the new AQA rather than the new edexcel :frown: nonetheless some of his videos apply to both exam boards so thanks!
Reply 11
Original post by indie.sxnds

Hi, this site does Edexcel courses for all! Here's Biology: https://app.senecalearning.com/classroom/course/42226e70-0d8e-11e8-b76e-91c7dfd478c0/section/1a6aa8b0-119f-11e8-a623-3d129f3c844f and then you can also find physics and chemistry. And they do foundation level as well as higher level :smile: I find it useful
Original post by MimiElf
Hi, this site does Edexcel courses for all! Here's Biology: https://app.senecalearning.com/classroom/course/42226e70-0d8e-11e8-b76e-91c7dfd478c0/section/1a6aa8b0-119f-11e8-a623-3d129f3c844f and then you can also find physics and chemistry. And they do foundation level as well as higher level :smile: I find it useful

Thank you so much, I really appreciate it! I heard they were also launching other non-science subjects, will they be doing that too? :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest