The Student Room Group

AQA GCSE History Paper 1 & Paper 2 8145 - 04 & 08 Jun 2018 [Exam discussion]

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Ella-Dunleavy01
Medicine through time, Nazi Germany, Conflict and Tension and Norman England how about you??

Oh wah, i'm doing;
Nazi germany
Elizabethan england
American west
Crime&punishment from 1000-now
Original post by Georgieexxjanee
Oh wah, i'm doing;
Nazi germany
Elizabethan england
American west
Crime&punishment from 1000-now

Yeah Nazi Germany is by far my strongest and favourite topic I jus get it
Yh I’m also aiming for an 8 currently at a good 7 . I do the same thing I have a copy of each textbook and make Mindmaps, create flash cards and then condense my notes. I also find reading beyond the textbook helpful just to gain some background knowledge which is good for the higher marked questions, be that by watching yt videos or short documentaries on the topic . As there isn’t a lot of questions out there for the new spec I create my own questions .
Original post by durararara
I'm aiming for an 8 and so far am stable. I suggest printing out the specification from the AQA website and just note & flashcard making for each of the subtopics from the aqa approved gcse history books from class. my teacher posts them on dynamic learning for me to note & flashcard make from them in my free time as an extra thing I asked from her. ask your teacher to do that if you want
Medicine through time, Nazi Germany, Conflict and Tension and Norman England how about you??

Oof, i'm doing the same I think. So much content, statistics and groups to learn about especially for Nazi Germany and Conflict in Asia. I haven't been doing as well as I had thought though. Super hard, especially question 4 where you have to describe something with no provenance or something like that ;//
Original post by whateverisaround
Yh I’m also aiming for an 8 currently at a good 7 . I do the same thing I have a copy of each textbook and make Mindmaps, create flash cards and then condense my notes. I also find reading beyond the textbook helpful just to gain some background knowledge which is good for the higher marked questions, be that by watching yt videos or short documentaries on the topic . As there isn’t a lot of questions out there for the new spec I create my own questions .

what kinda questions do you create?
Original post by mc_miah
Oof, i'm doing the same I think. So much content, statistics and groups to learn about especially for Nazi Germany and Conflict in Asia. I haven't been doing as well as I had thought though. Super hard, especially question 4 where you have to describe something with no provenance or something like that ;//

Same I wish I was doing better I'm doing conflict and tension like ww1 time but question 4 yess its my worst
For paper 2 section A question 2 I have adapted this to each topic I have learnt about. Question 4 I have created questions for each factor that has caused protest .
what kinda questions do you create?
Original post by lenalong02
Damn, congrats on the 9! How many marks did you get (or just the percentage)?

I only know my grade at the moment, I'll find out my mark etc after February half term.
Yeah thats a really good idea what topics are you studying?

i am studying: America (expansion & consolidation) 1840-1985. and the First World War, 1894–1918, and Medicine throughout history and the Normans
Original post by AS02x
I'm doing WW1, USA 1920-1973, Power and the People and Norman England. I got a 5 in my mocks but I didnt fully commit myself to revising and I know i can get much better. I struggle with answering exam questions the most, I cant seem to get the right content in there.
you're NOT alone, hi-five man! (lol idek) I actually struggle with exam questions so much. Like, I know the content but how do I put the contents in the flipping question? You know what I is saying?
Ella-Dunleavy01 :
Same, even though we're learning about the time when Hitler was having a rave while making innocent people suffer. I guess it's just easier to remember.
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by NoMoreDream7
you're NOT alone, hi-five man! (lol idek) I actually struggle with exam questions so much. Like, I know the content but how do I put the contents in the flipping question? You know what I is saying?

YES OMG...I can literally recite my entire book to you and not miss a single word out but I am screwed when it comes to exam questions, particularly the picture source ones. Also, my bias is RM.
Original post by AS02x
YES OMG...I can literally recite my entire book to you and not miss a single word out but I am screwed when it comes to exam questions, particularly the picture source ones. Also, my bias is RM.

Lol same. I don't have a bias because they are all bias wreckers BUT Jimin has ultimate bias wrecking skills so I married him. RM is hella sexy tho.
Medicine through time,
American West
Conflict and Tension 1918-1939
Norman England

I've got a massive booklet on Medicine Through Time
and my teacher gave me out a booklet of info and exam questions for Medicine and Conflict and Tension anyone want me to send them? c:
Original post by durararara
i am studying: America (expansion & consolidation) 1840-1985. and the First World War, 1894–1918, and Medicine throughout history and the Normans

Exactly what i am doing! Let me know if you need any help, I am in year 10 currently working at an 8 and aiming for a 9! :smile:
Original post by raqeen
Medicine through time,
American West
Norman England

and my teacher gave me out a booklet of info and exam questions for Medicine and Conflict and Tension anyone want me to send them? c:

OMG yes could you send me those booklets over I need the help :smile:
Original post by raqeen
Medicine through time,
American West
Norman England

Could you send them to me also? Thanks. :u:
ooo yeh that would be amazing!!
Original post by raqeen
Medicine through time,
American West
Norman England

Wow!! Please can you send them to me? I am finding History revision so so hard!
does anyone have any advice on how to answer the qeustions? I had a mock a few weeks ago where i found the questions before hand and learnt the answers, and i still got a grade 3! I take stuff from a cgp book for instance the question was "what caused the weimar republic downfall, economic or poolitical reason" I said that the french invaded the Ruhr which caused fear amongst the people and turned people against the weimar republic, what do i need to add to my points to actually get the marks I feel like im just reciting facts out of a cgp book which i assume wont get me far, thanks

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending