The Student Room Group

What really happened.

I had a crush on him last year September, found out he had a GF, the broke up in October/November because she wanted to be friends with him, I would make it obvious I like him e.g blush, stare. Few weeks ago was my B-Day invited him to it, he was in front of me when he told these girls "I don't want her to feel bad" because he didn't want to come. Messaged him about the invite on Whatsapp, he did not reply. But he was online on Whatsapp during our mock week, so he ignored my message. Flirts with other girls gets close with them. Gave the credit to my power point presentation to someone else.
He asked me for a girl's snap that I didn't even know, felt like crying, the next day he sings to me and grabs my hand, and I snatch it back with force, then he asks what is wrong with you, so I said nothing, then he says sing with me then. So i said i am fine, and he said he will replace me. He is on and off with me, laughs at me with his mates. I add him on Snap and he doesn't add me back so I deleted him. He sweet talks tooo much. he only speaks to me in lesson and outside I am like a stranger and I hate him because I am going crazy and everyone on this site knows that! Everyone knows I like him, but he is like oblivious and I don't mind if he comes up to me to say I don't like you like that, I have gone through it before. But he keeps playing around with me and it hurts me because small things impact me a lot.
There is this guy that I really really like. He has a personality where he flirts but he thinks he is being nice, but that’s just him. He flirts with girls. I thought he broke up with his GF, but when I found out she broke up with him. It hurt me because she broke his heart, and apparently that day he was upset and I failed to notice that. He flirts with me and people say we make a good couple and all that, but I know he is just being nice. I doubt he has feelings for me, but I really like him and I can’t say anything without making myself look like a joke. It just hurts when I see him, my heart aches.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
I had a crush on him last year September, found out he had a GF, the broke up in October/November because she wanted to be friends with him, I would make it obvious I like him e.g blush, stare. Few weeks ago was my B-Day invited him to it, he was in front of me when he told these girls "I don't want her to feel bad" because he didn't want to come. Messaged him about the invite on Whatsapp, he did not reply. But he was online on Whatsapp during our mock week, so he ignored my message. Flirts with other girls gets close with them. Gave the credit to my power point presentation to someone else.
He asked me for a girl's snap that I didn't even know, felt like crying, the next day he sings to me and grabs my hand, and I snatch it back with force, then he asks what is wrong with you, so I said nothing, then he says sing with me then. So i said i am fine, and he said he will replace me. He is on and off with me, laughs at me with his mates. I add him on Snap and he doesn't add me back so I deleted him. He sweet talks tooo much. he only speaks to me in lesson and outside I am like a stranger and I hate him because I am going crazy and everyone on this site knows that! Everyone knows I like him, but he is like oblivious and I don't mind if he comes up to me to say I don't like you like that, I have gone through it before. But he keeps playing around with me and it hurts me because small things impact me a lot.
There is this guy that I really really like. He has a personality where he flirts but he thinks he is being nice, but that’s just him. He flirts with girls. I thought he broke up with his GF, but when I found out she broke up with him. It hurt me because she broke his heart, and apparently that day he was upset and I failed to notice that. He flirts with me and people say we make a good couple and all that, but I know he is just being nice. I doubt he has feelings for me, but I really like him and I can’t say anything without making myself look like a joke. It just hurts when I see him, my heart aches.

The first guy is a complete and utter waste of your time. He is a ******** player and you should completely break ties with him. The second guy sounds kinda nice, good luck
Reply 2
Original post by P.S.
The first guy is a complete and utter waste of your time. He is a ******** player and you should completely break ties with him. The second guy sounds kinda nice, good luck

They are both the same person.
He's not on and off with you. I don't think he intends on dating you. He's just having fun talking and flirting with people, its not a crime, hes a single guy. Hell, I used to do it all the time. Never had feelings for any of them. It was just fun. Also, blushing and staring doesn't help. I know that I personally need other people to point out when someone likes me, or I need them to explicitly tell me they like me. Otherwise, I don't have a goddamn clue.
Reply 4
He's not on and off with you. I don't think he intends on dating you. He's just having fun talking and flirting with people, its not a crime, hes a single guy. Hell, I used to do it all the time. Never had feelings for any of them. It was just fun. Also, blushing and staring doesn't help. I know that I personally need other people to point out when someone likes me, or I need them to explicitly tell me they like me. Otherwise, I don't have a goddamn clue.

Do you know how much it hurts when someone does that though?
I am going through something similar so I can relate to you a little. This guy does not like you at all. He simply enjoys the attention you are giving him. Its best if you try to forget your feelings for him. He's only toying with you and using you for entertainment.
The moment you walk away he will try to hold you back because he enjoys the importance you give him. But you have to walk away because you deserve way better.
I know its really hard but it gets better, the moment you decide that he isn't worth it.

All the best of luck xx
Reply 6
I am going through something similar so I can relate to you a little. This guy does not like you at all. He simply enjoys the attention you are giving him. Its best if you try to forget your feelings for him. He's only toying with you and using you for entertainment.
The moment you walk away he will try to hold you back because he enjoys the importance you give him. But you have to walk away because you deserve way better.
I know its really hard but it gets better, the moment you decide that he isn't worth it.

All the best of luck xx

It hurts so much when he just disrespects me. Doesn't bother holding the door for me and the truth is that he wouldn't do it to his ex, so why do it to me?

Quick question.... how old are you ???
Do you know how much it hurts when someone does that though?

It's not really my problem. You're acting like he's cheating on you whilst in a relationship. You're just a friend to him, and not too close of one at that. He isn't responsible for these feelings you get. Your unhealthy obsession with him is.
It hurts so much when he just disrespects me. Doesn't bother holding the door for me and the truth is that he wouldn't do it to his ex, so why do it to me?

I mean holding the door isn't exactly an obligation but yeh. If he clearly disrespects you then you have got to know that there is no future with this guy. The sooner you realise he isn't worth it the better. How old are you btw?
Reply 10
I believe that it is not good idea to go out with him as he obviously do not have the same feelings. However, you can keep hanging out with him... maybe he will realize that he likes you.. So anyway, try to not lose your hope. Also, keep in mind that there are lots of other attractive people around you who may make you happy.
It's not really my problem. You're acting like he's cheating on you whilst in a relationship. You're just a friend to him, and not too close of one at that. He isn't responsible for these feelings you get. Your unhealthy obsession with him is.

Maybe you should be more considerate of other people's situations. I get it that people might have liked you, and you toyed around with them. But guess what not everyone is as fortunate as you, you can at least be respectful!
And no he isn't my friend, and never will be.
Maybe you should be more considerate of other people's situations. I get it that people might have liked you, and you toyed around with them. But guess what not everyone is as fortunate as you, you can at least be respectful!
And no he isn't my friend, and never will be.

They didn't necessarily like me back, they were probably just flirting for the sake of it as well. Your frustration seems to stem from the fact that he doesn't actually know that you like him. Like, all of this could be fixed if you just admitted that you like him. You have nothing to lose and everything to gain. And its better than you being stuck in purgatory.
They didn't necessarily like me back, they were probably just flirting for the sake of it as well. Your frustration seems to stem from the fact that he doesn't actually know that you like him. Like, all of this could be fixed if you just admitted that you like him. You have nothing to lose and everything to gain. And its better than you being stuck in purgatory.

I have given up hope, because I don't want to live with with the feeling of looking like a joke for a year and a half at this school.

Forget about that guy asap, he is messing with your emotions and I'm sure he is fully aware of what he is doing. He sounds like a right jerk tbh.

he sings to me and grabs my hand, and I snatch it back with force, then he asks what is wrong with you, so I said nothing, then he says sing with me then. So i said i am fine

Why not tell him what's got you upset instead of saying I'm fine etc? This is one thing I'll never understand about women, if you are upset about something and you say you're fine, it's nothing etc how are we ever meant to know?

P.S He is still a major ****, I'd block him and just ignore him if he is going to play stupid games like that, I'm sure you can do better.
Original post by Ninja Squirrel
Forget about that guy asap, he is messing with your emotions and I'm sure he is fully aware of what he is doing. He sounds like a right jerk tbh.

Why not tell him what's got you upset instead of saying I'm fine etc? This is one thing I'll never understand about women, if you are upset about something and you say you're fine, it's nothing etc how are we ever meant to know?

P.S He is still a major ****, I'd block him and just ignore him if he is going to play stupid games like that, I'm sure you can do better.

It was in front of everyone in class and I couldn't say it to everyone.
It was in front of everyone in class and I couldn't say it to everyone.

Ah right ok.

Don't put up with his crap, he sound like he is playing you / messing with your emotions.
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by Ninja Squirrel
Ah right ok.

Don't put up with his crap, he sound like he is playing you / messing with your emotions.

I hate myself because of this.
I hate myself because of this.

Don't hate yourself because someone is flirting in your face, singing and dancing with you one minute and then ignoring you and acting cold the next.

Some guys (and girls) are just that way.

Latest

Trending

Trending