The Student Room Group
Student working at the Cole Museum
University of Reading
Reading
Visit website

Accommodation trouble

Hello,
I have an unconditional offer at the Uni of Reading, and I applied for accommodation on the day after it opened for applications. However, I haven't got my first choice of accommodation, I was wondering if there was anything I can do? I was really excited to live in Wessex, but I got Bridges and I can't believe that places at Wessex could have run out so quickly as I applied asap.
Could you please help me in many way? I would be so grateful
Thank you,
Abi
Original post by Abi Manning
Hello,
I have an unconditional offer at the Uni of Reading, and I applied for accommodation on the day after it opened for applications. However, I haven't got my first choice of accommodation, I was wondering if there was anything I can do? I was really excited to live in Wessex, but I got Bridges and I can't believe that places at Wessex could have run out so quickly as I applied asap.
Could you please help me in many way? I would be so grateful
Thank you,
Abi

Contact the accommodation office and see if theres any flexibility or you can be put on a waiting list. Be polite and not pushy, but they might be able to explain what their allocation criteria was. Thats how I would proceed.
Student working at the Cole Museum
University of Reading
Reading
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by 999tigger
Contact the accommodation office and see if theres any flexibility or you can be put on a waiting list. Be polite and not pushy, but they might be able to explain what their allocation criteria was. Thats how I would proceed.

Ahh thank you, I will do that ASAP, hoping for the best 😅
If that doesn't work, does anyone know how I can look to swap with anyone who got Wessex Halls but wanted Bridges, and when I can start doing that?
Thank youu ☺️
Ahh thank you, I will do that ASAP, hoping for the best 😅
If that doesn't work, does anyone know how I can look to swap with anyone who got Wessex Halls but wanted Bridges, and when I can start doing that?
Thank youu ☺️

That is something you can ask tomorrow= see if they have a lost or anywhere you can advertise. It might have to be done through them. Just be personable and dont try and manipulate. Recognise they have a job to do but be nice if they could advise you...
Reply 4
Original post by 999tigger
That is something you can ask tomorrow= see if they have a lost or anywhere you can advertise. It might have to be done through them. Just be personable and dont try and manipulate. Recognise they have a job to do but be nice if they could advise you...

Okay I'll take that on board, thank you! You've been really helpful ☺️
Okay I'll take that on board, thank you! You've been really helpful ☺️

Hi :smile:

I'd reiterate what has already been said.

There's no guarantee you will be able to change but it's worth a try!

Sophie
Final Year Philosophy student :smile:
Reply 6
Original post by UniofReading
Hi :smile:

I'd reiterate what has already been said.

There's no guarantee you will be able to change but it's worth a try!

Sophie
Final Year Philosophy student :smile:

Thank you! ☺️ I've sorted it all out now, followed all of your advise!
Thank you! ☺️ I've sorted it all out now, followed all of your advise!

Glad you've got this all sorted now Abi! Any other questions/queries, then just let us know.

Alice :h:
Reply 8
Wait so does this mean that there are no places left in Wessex?? What about people with conditional offers?
Original post by niajayne
Wait so does this mean that there are no places left in Wessex?? What about people with conditional offers?

Hi,
Unfortunately we don't have access to that information, as we would not like to misinform you surrounding this.
The best advice I can give is to drop an email to our accomdation team (address below) as they will be able to provide you with the most up-to-date information on this.
[email protected]

I hope this helps, please let us know if you have any further questions on this!
Tom :smile:
Third Year Psychology and Student Ambassador

Quick Reply

Latest