The Student Room Group

Muslim girls and sex

Scroll to see replies

It’s normal but pray for protection against it before you marry
Original post by Plantagenet Crown
In your opinion. Not in mine because I do not recognise “zina” as a sin or anything morally wrong.

then it just comes down to our difference in moral values.
I am the same... though, I have done sexual things and I have booked a hotel soon with the guy I fancy... Ooops.

Judge away guys, it's my life.
Original post by MiszshorTea786
That cannot occur in an arrange marriage. An individual only has one shot during the proposal stage and I doubt the 'couple' would question in regards to their sex life considering they are meeting each other for the first time.

They can but it will be awkward considering that the individuals father, brother uncle or a mahram is present whilst you talk with the potential husband.

Are you sure about this? I have watched videos from scholars who said it's perfectly fine to get to know your future spouse, even if you have to meet many times, as long as the parents are within ear shot so nothing dodgy can go on. You surely need to get familiar with their personality and character, their interests and whatnot before making a life changing decision like marriage???
In your opinion. Not in mine because I do not recognise “zina” as a sin or anything morally wrong.

Opinion or beliefs?

You do not recognise it as its a 'norm' as such for you.

Spoiler

Original post by Ninja Squirrel
Are you sure about this? I have watched videos from scholars who said it's perfectly fine to get to know your future spouse, even if you have to meet many times, as long as the parents are within ear shot so nothing dodgy can go on. You surely need to get familiar with their personality and character, their interests and whatnot before making a life changing decision like marriage???

Waslaams brother,

Yes, otherwise I would not have stated it. Thats according to Imam Abu Hanifah(Rahimahullah).

With arranged marriages it can be difficult, because you only have one shot. Thing is all their details such as preferences and the sort is transferred to the wali who then relates to the individual that is getting married.

Do check with a scholar as well.
Original post by Cammo dude
then it just comes down to our difference in moral values.

Indeed.

Opinion or beliefs?

You do not recognise it as its a 'norm' as such for you.

Spoiler

Beliefs often are opinions.
Indeed.

Beliefs often are opinions.

Not necessarily. You can commit Zina, but a Muslim is aware its morally wrong not because its their opinion but their beliefs. If it was their opinion it would be up to the Muslim individual to act upon such a act in the first instance.

As its mentioned in the Holy Quraan it becomes beliefs not opinion.

Spoiler

Not necessarily. You can commit Zina, but a Muslim is aware its morally wrong not because its their opinion but their beliefs. If it was their opinion it would be up to the Muslim individual to act upon such a act in the first instance.

As its mentioned in the Holy Quraan it becomes beliefs not opinion.

Spoiler

I was speaking about my opinion/belief that zina is not a sin.
Waslaams brother,

Yes, otherwise I would not have stated it. Thats according to Imam Abu Hanifah(Rahimahullah).

With arranged marriages it can be difficult, because you only have one shot. Thing is all their details such as preferences and the sort is transferred to the wali who then relates to the individual that is getting married.

Do check with a scholar as well.

Asalaamu alaykum (peace be unto you)

Oh ok I see.

I don't know why anyone would ever go for an arranged marriage then because I think actually sitting down and have more than one conversation with them would be much better for both parties then hearing about his personality and character from a third party (your dad).

Each to their own but I could never commit to marriage without spending a significant amount of time talking to her across multiple sit downs, under her dads supervision of course :smile:
Original post by Ninja Squirrel
Asalaamu alaykum (peace be unto you)

Oh ok I see.

I don't know why anyone would ever go for an arranged marriage then because I think actually sitting down and have more than one conversation with them would be much better for both parties then hearing about his personality and character from a third party (your dad).

Each to their own but I could never commit to marriage without spending a significant amount of time talking to her across multiple sit downs, under her dads supervision of course :smile:

No brother.

The 'couple do sit down and have a chat. Thats the one chance in an arranged marriage I was talking about. Though this is in the presence of the mahram hence why I said that it can get awkward if one starts to ask about sex life in the first and last meeting.
Original post by ANM775
Log-off TSR right now and Pray to Allah that these Haram thoughts leave your soul..

There is nothing haram about having thoughts about sex only what you do with those thoughts. Also calm down lol.
I was speaking about my opinion/belief that zina is not a sin.

Its not a two-way street.

Zina is haraam therefore that can have an opinion on it because it will become void.
Its not a two-way street.

Zina is haraam therefore that can have an opinion on it because it will become void.

Pre-marital sex is a sin in your faith, not in the opinion of others, so yes, it is a two way street in that others are allowed to have opposing opinions on what is morally right and wrong.
Original post by Neesaaaa
There is nothing haram about having thoughts about sex only what you do with those thoughts. Also calm down lol.

I said it in jest

I was hoping to get like 80 reps from the ISOC crew or something but that didn't happen.

tbh, I don't think any muslims repped it at all lol, just regular TSR members
Pre-marital sex is a sin in your faith, not in the opinion of others, so yes, it is a two way street in that others are allowed to have opposing opinions on what is morally right and wrong.

I was talking about Muslims and them committing Zina.

Now that you mentioned it, those of no religions if they have no faith and they want a family they would resort to Zina. Which is funny because when you percive it from a Muslims angle it is totally incorrect, hence why you have the apologists having a go at such individuals.

Spoiler

Original post by ANM775
I said it in jest

I was hoping to get like 80 reps from the ISOC crew or something but that didn't happen.

tbh, I don't think any muslims repped it at all lol, just regular TSR members

A Muslim believes that if they or another Muslim say a joke, it has to be true as well as humorous. You cannot just have humorous and not the truth as that will be classified as 'lying'.

Hence the reason for your rep disaster.

Sorry on behalf of the ISOC crew. :smile:
(edited 6 years ago)
I was talking about Muslims and them committing Zina.

Now that you mentioned it, those of no religions if they have no faith and they want a family they would resort to Zina. Which is funny because when you percive it from a Muslims angle it is totally incorrect, hence why you have the apologists having a go at such individuals.

Spoiler

And I was talking about my opinion. After all, it was you who quoted me saying that my advice was wrong. I corrected you by informing you that it wasn't, as I do not recognise pre-marital sex as a sin.
And I was talking about my opinion. After all, it was you who quoted me saying that my advice was wrong. I corrected you by informing you that it wasn't, as I do not recognise pre-marital sex as a sin.

Planta, I was talking generally.

I know it was your beliefs I never did refute it. I clarified for those Muslims who may have not being aware of such.

Spoiler

Planta, I was talking generally.

I know it was your beliefs I never did refute it. I clarified for those Muslims who may have not being aware of such.

Spoiler

Then quote the Muslims, not me. And I'm perfectly relaxed, maybe it's you who needs to take a chill pill :wink:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending