The Student Room Group

Herpes how strong is the tingling/itching?

Unfortunately I was exposed to herpes just over a week ago and today I’ve felt itchy and tingling sensations around my testicles and penis area. It’s very faint and wondered if this meant I was at the start of an outbreak?

How long after the tingling phase does the outbreak begin and how strong is the tingling sensation meant to be? Only slightly or quite strong?
Original post by Anonymous
Unfortunately I was exposed to herpes just over a week ago and today I’ve felt itchy and tingling sensations around my testicles and penis area. It’s very faint and wondered if this meant I was at the start of an outbreak?

How long after the tingling phase does the outbreak begin and how strong is the tingling sensation meant to be? Only slightly or quite strong?

It varies between people - some have it for a day or a few days, others get the rash straight away without any prodromal symptoms at all. Itching can be quite bad until you get the blisters, and the blisters can be quite painful. Your GP or sexual health clinic should be able to give you acyclovir, which can make the outbreak shorter (of course this may not be an outbreak - it's easy to worry about every little twinge when you know you have been exposed; hope this is the case for you)
Original post by Anonymous

Please get a prescription for Valtrex or Acyclovir.

Quick Reply

Latest