The Student Room Group

U of T offer?

I'm doing the IB diploma with a predicted grade of 40. I've received an offer from U of T, but then its requirement is a bit vague, so I asked my counselor and he says "They just need you to pass the IB". Is that true? If so, then I would be less stressed as it is really difficult to maintain a 40 in the real IB exam.... The letter is as follows...

"You have been admitted on the strength of your academic record to date. The University reserves the
right to withdraw this offer of admission if you do not maintain your current academic standing,
particularly in any of the required courses, and if you fail to obtain the Diploma of the International
Baccalaureate. You must arrange to have the International Baccalaureate Office release your final IB
grades electronically to the University of Toronto by July 13, 2018."
Original post by qwerrt1234
I'm doing the IB diploma with a predicted grade of 40. I've received an offer from U of T, but then its requirement is a bit vague, so I asked my counselor and he says "They just need you to pass the IB". Is that true? If so, then I would be less stressed as it is really difficult to maintain a 40 in the real IB exam.... The letter is as follows...

"You have been admitted on the strength of your academic record to date. The University reserves the
right to withdraw this offer of admission if you do not maintain your current academic standing,
particularly in any of the required courses, and if you fail to obtain the Diploma of the International
Baccalaureate. You must arrange to have the International Baccalaureate Office release your final IB

Well it's clear that you still have to maintain your grades but no you don't have to get specific ones. You have to prove that you are capable of uni level work and yes that and life is stressful
Original post by qwerrt1234

What your counsellor is saying is somewhat true to an extent. Depending on your programme, there is usually a minimum cutoff, so I would be wary of that. For example, for competitive programmes (i.e. engineering), U of T would usually require a minimum of 35 points. On the other hand, if you are only entering into a general arts and science programme, then you should be fine with 28 points. I would suggest keeping it above the minimum threshold (for your programme) to make sure that your offer would not be revoked.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending