The Student Room Group

Does anyone go to the same uni as their sibling?

Is anyone in a situation where they didn't want to go to the same uni as their sibling, but because you found the perfect course at the perfect uni and it so happened to be the same uni as your sibling's, you felt like it was best for you?
If so, how are you finding it? Is it in any way awkward? Do you bump into each other a lot? Have you joined the same societies coincidently, etc?
No
My sister applied to my uni and got an offer but then decided to not go to uni at all. Two years later I applied there, got an offer and enrolled in 2016 :h:
Original post by aninozaut
Is anyone in a situation where they didn't want to go to the same uni as their sibling, but because you found the perfect course at the perfect uni and it so happened to be the same uni as your sibling's, you felt like it was best for you?
If so, how are you finding it? Is it in any way awkward? Do you bump into each other a lot? Have you joined the same societies coincidently, etc?

Hey, this sort of happened to me. My sister applied to do an art course at a uni 5hours from me, she didn't end up going in the end and ended up applying to university the next year along for a totally different thing.

So, when my I started my second year, my sister arrived at my uni as a fresher.
Reply 4
Original post by SophhFrog
Hey, this sort of happened to me. My sister applied to do an art course at a uni 5hours from me, she didn't end up going in the end and ended up applying to university the next year along for a totally different thing.

So, when my I started my second year, my sister arrived at my uni as a fresher.

How do you find it? Do you see each other a lot?
Original post by aninozaut
How do you find it? Do you see each other a lot?

At the beginning, I hated the idea! I felt like I had a year away from home gaining my independence and then I would have that taken away and that she would be reliant on me.

But it actually wasn't that bad. We don't live together and we are on different courses, so have different class times.

I go to a pretty small uni, but we don't see each other much at all unless we plan to.

We both have totally different lives so we do leave each other to it. Plus I like staying on the silent floor of the library and she doesn't.

I think it won't be as a bad as you think it is. It was really hard at the beginning though cause she wanted me to be there to show her everything all the time. But I had to say No sometimes.

Plus, if a book is reserved or something, I can try to get my sister to reserve it on her library account too!

Quick Reply

Latest