Who else had a snow day today?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by Protostar
I've been playing it for 10 years :redface:

I used to play. I started when I was 4 then stopped when I was 12 :tongue:
Reply 41
Original post by Leviathan1741
Haha, a lot of people ask me that! Yes, it's basically geology (earth science) plus extra modules in geophysics and geochemistry :smile:

That's an interesting combination, I hope you get there :yep:

What GCSEs and A-Levels did you do?
Original post by Cod3tte
What GCSEs and A-Levels did you do?

GCSEs - English Lit, English Language, Maths, Biology, Chemistry, Physics, RE, Geography, German and ICT
A Levels - Geology, Geography and ICT (+ AS Level Environmental Studies and EPQ) :smile:
Reply 43
GCSEs - English Lit, English Language, Maths, Biology, Chemistry, Physics, RE, Geography, German and ICT
A Levels - Geology, Geography and ICT (+ AS Level Environmental Studies and EPQ) :smile:

Whats the difference between an A-Level and an AS-Level?
Dont go to school anymore but even if I did ours was always that one school in the entire area that was still open. Would take an apocalypse for it to close lol
Reply 45
It would be concerning if this was indeed an everyday issue.
Reply 46
Original post by CoolCavy
Dont go to school anymore but even if I did ours was always that one school in the entire area that was still open. Would take an apocalypse for it to close lol

Lol it's the same with my old primary school (my brother's current school) He was complaining that it was really unfair and I just laughed at him. :tongue:
Hi my college is shut and I have had a PJ day and I have done an hour of English language revision might do an hour of maths later
Reply 48
Original post by Durham Jaide
Hi my college is shut and I have had a PJ day and I have done an hour of English language revision might do an hour of maths later

Do you do GCSEs in college?
Original post by Cod3tte
Whats the difference between an A-Level and an AS-Level?

A Levels used to come in 2 parts; you did one year to gain an AS (Advanced Subsidiary) Level, then a second year to gain the full A (Advanced) Level. I don't think AS Levels are done anymore in most colleges/sixth forms, instead you do only 3 or 4 subjects for both years, rather than doing 4 AS Levels, then dropping a subject for the second year. I hope that makes sense? :smile:
Reply 50
snow day today & tomorrow, all the schools in my area & basically the full east coast of scotland are shut today and tomorrow which i’m very glad of cause i have soooo much stuff to do for my classics & rmps assignments
My college is in Leeds and I live an hour away so there was no way I was getting there. In terms of productivity, I did a few notes for Geography (A-Level) and that’s about it. Wednesdays was supposed day off from revision anyway 😛
Original post by Cod3tte
Do you do GCSEs in college?

Yes I do I’m currently doing GCSE English language Edexcel
Reply 53
A Levels used to come in 2 parts; you did one year to gain an AS (Advanced Subsidiary) Level, then a second year to gain the full A (Advanced) Level. I don't think AS Levels are done anymore in most colleges/sixth forms, instead you do only 3 or 4 subjects for both years, rather than doing 4 AS Levels, then dropping a subject for the second year. I hope that makes sense? :smile:

Yeah. At my school sixth form they still do AS levels, I always see the books on the table from the 6th form class before us in Science.
Reply 54
Yes I do I’m currently doing GCSE English language Edexcel

I didn't know you could do that, how come you chose to go to college instead of school?
Reply 55
Original post by ep07
snow day today & tomorrow, all the schools in my area & basically the full east coast of scotland are shut today and tomorrow which i’m very glad of cause i have soooo much stuff to do for my classics & rmps assignments

My school is supposed to be opening tomorrow, doubt they will though.
Because it’s more practical and I’m not very academic and they have a work life atmosphere
Reply 57
Original post by JT114455
My college is in Leeds and I live an hour away so there was no way I was getting there. In terms of productivity, I did a few notes for Geography (A-Level) and that’s about it. Wednesdays was supposed day off from revision anyway 😛

I live 5 minutes away from my school, so if it's open I have to go. :wink:
Reply 58
Because it’s more practical and I’m not very academic and they have a work life atmosphere

Oh, I see. When did you leave school?
Had to come in but got sent home early after period 3 since after that, I only had free periods. My principal had emailed us this morning saying "school's open" with the ****ing =) emoji and I was ready to beef him about that, but slipped when I got up to him so I kinda just left in embarrassment instead

Quick Reply

Latest