The Student Room Group

What should I do about this guy who keeps wanting to see me?

There's a guy who I've been hanging out with occasionally for a couple of months, once a week at most. We're both gay, I'm 17 and he's 26. He's really nice and we have some stuff in common, though right now I just don't feel like spending time with him.

He's not my usual type but I thought I'd try it out for a change, then I realised I'm not actually attracted to him. We've done a couple of sexual things on a couple of occasions but now I really don't want to do anything else sexual with him. He wanted me to come over and stay the night on Monday but I cancelled, saying that I'd had a busy weekend and I needed some time for myself. We rearranged to tonight but I cancelled earlier because I really just don't feel like hanging out with him. He got upset and defensive about this, though I said I was cancelling because I didn't feel like doing anything, not that it's because of him.

He is a genuinely nice guy and we have a laugh. We go to dinner sometimes and hang out at his place when I see him, though at the moment I just don't want to. What can I do about this sintuition? I don't want to kiss him or do anything else sexual with him again, which is a part of what he is expecting. I don't know if or when I'll want to hang out with him again.
(edited 6 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

tell him wat u think about ur current situation and let him know that u dont want anything sexual to be happening between the two of u
Original post by Glassapple
There's a guy who I've been hanging out with occasionally for a couple of months, once a week at most. He's really nice and we have some stuff in common, though right now I just don't feel like spending time with him.

He's not my usual type but I thought I'd try it out for a change, then I realised I'm not actually attracted to him. We've done a couple of sexual things on a couple of occasions but now I really don't want to do anything else sexual with him. He wanted me to come over and stay the night on Monday but I cancelled, saying that I'd had a busy weekend and I needed some time for myself. We rearranged to tonight but I cancelled earlier because I really just don't feel like hanging out with him. He got upset and defensive about this, though I said I was cancelling because I didn't feel like doing anything, not that it's because of him.

He is a genuinely nice guy and we have a laugh. We go to dinner sometimes and hang out at his place when I see him, though at the moment I just don't want to. What can I do about this sintuition? I don't want to kiss him or do anything else sexual with him again, which is a part of what he is expecting. I don't know if or when I'll want to hang out with him again.

I was in this situation a while ago and I found the best thing would to be truthful, it may have them in the shower run but if you carry on its gonna hurt him more when he gets more attached etc
be truthful and explain to him
Reply 3
Tell him ffs. Stop stringing him along
Original post by Angel Masuwa
tell him wat u think about ur current situation and let him know that u dont want anything sexual to be happening between the two of u

Original post by SAMHANLEY88
I was in this situation a while ago and I found the best thing would to be truthful, it may have them in the shower run but if you carry on its gonna hurt him more when he gets more attached etc
be truthful and explain to him

Original post by SMEGGGY
Tell him ffs. Stop stringing him along

How do I tell him?
Reply 5
How do I tell him?

It's you the resident homo slut of TSR.
Original post by SMEGGGY
It's you the resident homo slut of TSR.

Thank you for stating the obvious. Do you have anything constructive to say?
Reply 7
Thank you for stating the obvious. Do you have anything constructive to say?

Stop trolling with your self obsorbed concocted stories
How do I tell him?

I called him and asked if we could meet up, when we met up we went to the park to chat and said he was really nice and sweet and hadn't done anything wrong I just didn't feel the same way about him and said I hoped we could be friends in the future and told him that id answer any questions he had
Original post by SMEGGGY

I am self-absorbed but I don't concoct stories; clearly my life has more going on than yours.

Original post by SAMHANLEY88
I called him and asked if we could meet up, when we met up we went to the park to chat and said he was really nice and sweet and hadn't done anything wrong I just didn't feel the same way about him and said I hoped we could be friends in the future and told him that id answer any questions he had

A good response, thank you. This is a possible approach I could take.
I've been there multiple times myself.. just tell him you just want to keep it casual with no sex involved. It is sad that a lot of gay men just looking for hookups and not a lot of them can look past that point :hmmm:

If he's really that nice, he will understand, if not, it's his loss. What's the worst that could happen :teehee:
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by ForgetMe
I've been there multiple times myself.. just tell him you just want to keep it casual with no sex involved. It is sad that a lot of gay men just looking for hookups and not a lot of them can look past that point :hmmm:

If he's really that nice, he will understand, if not, it's his loss. What's the worst that could happen :teehee:

Send me pictures of you and other men kisisng please...I'm 15 and gay!!!
I want men!!! I want gay sex!!! I want penis and butts!!!
Original post by Anonymous
Send me pictures of you and other men kisisng please...I'm 15 and gay!!!

Internet is your best friend. I am not going to send pictures to underage teens :lol:
??? wtf
put NSFW in the title next time
Original post by SMEGGGY

More shirtless pictures please SMEGGGY!!! Thanks (lick lick) - By the way I'm Gay!!!

Send me pictures please- I am gay and 23!!!
Just say "don't wanna **** soz dw you'll find someone else almost a decade younger than you, we're all thotty and hormonal"
There's a guy who I've been hanging out with occasionally for a couple of months, once a week at most. We're both gay, I'm 17 and he's 26. He's really nice and we have some stuff in common, though right now I just don't feel like spending time with him.

I am gay and 17!!! I'm looking for a boyfriend too!!! I want a nice trusting kind relationship, in which myself and the partner are both faithful to eachother and respect each others decisions about undertaking sexual activities.

Thank you for the advice. I know he'll be really upset because he really likes me. I'm one of the gays who mostly looks for hookups and he knows I hook up a lot, so he'll be even more upset that I'll be spending the time I would be spending with him hooking up with other guys. I've been continuously hooking up with other guys since we met so he's always been jealous. I think he thinks we were going to turn into something more, which I never wanted at all in the first place.

I guess the worst that can happen is I'don't feel guilty and I might bump into him sometimes.

Original post by Anonymous
??? wtf
put NSFW in the title next time

Nothing I posted was NSFW. I can't control what other people post and you can't edit thread titles once they've been posted.

Original post by orderofthelotus
Just say "don't wanna **** soz dw you'll find someone else almost a decade younger than you, we're all thotty and hormonal"

That seems a bit harsh but it's the truth. It could be an option.
(edited 6 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending