The Student Room Group

Who else had a snow day today?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by orderofthelotus
Had to come in but got sent home early after period 3 since after that, I only had free periods. My principal had emailed us this morning saying "school's open" with the ****ing =) emoji and I was ready to beef him about that, but slipped when I got up to him so I kinda just left in embarrassment instead

That's why I hate walking in snow, you slip and everyone stares at you like you've committed a murder or something.
****ing snow, stops, starts, make your ****ing mind up.
My daughter's school was only one open.
They closed at 1pm
Reply 63
Original post by SMEGGGY
****ing snow, stops, starts, make your ****ing mind up.

Ikr! The snow stopped, I looked away and looked again and it's now falling heavy and fast. :biggrin:
Reply 64
Original post by RuthieG101
My daughter's school was only one open.
They closed at 1pm

I think about 6 schools in my city were open...
Original post by Cod3tte
I think about 6 schools in my city were open...

I got the message it was closing just before I left to drop my son off at the nursery.
he must be the only kid that was disappointed to not be going.
Original post by Cod3tte
Oh, I see. When did you leave school?

I left on June
Reply 67
Original post by RuthieG101
I got the message it was closing just before I left to drop my son off at the nursery.
he must be the only kid that was disappointed to not be going.

Aw, well I guess he might've wanted to see his friends, I'm not gonna lie nursery years are the best :tongue:
Original post by Cod3tte
Aw, well I guess he might've wanted to see his friends, I'm not gonna lie nursery years are the best :tongue:

definitely.
problem was when we went to get his sister he thought he was getting to stay
I absolutely detest snow
Reply 70
Original post by Hirsty97
I absolutely detest snow

Why?
Original post by Cod3tte
Why?

Everything is cold and horrible.

I am forced to just stay inside. Had to walk 45 minutes to the library to do some revision and it's shut.
Original post by Cod3tte
I did, 148 schools shut in my city. My brother's school didn't though 😂

I'm just curious to see who else had one and what did you do if you did have one? XD

Yep, snow day. And 13 emails of work to do! Agh.
Reply 73
Original post by Hirsty97
Everything is cold and horrible.

I am forced to just stay inside. Had to walk 45 minutes to the library to do some revision and it's shut.

Yeah, I guess that kinda sucks.

The thing I hate about it is when you go outside kids are always throwing snowballs. I remember in Year 8, I went outside with my friend to go to the other building at our school, and I got hit in the eye with a snowball and the kid that threw it just ran off. My eye was red and swollen and I looked battered for the rest of the day.
Reply 74
Original post by Mehru1214
Yep, snow day. And 13 emails of work to do! Agh.

At least, you had the whole day to do them :smile:
Original post by Cod3tte
At least, you had the whole day to do them :smile:

True that.
No official snow day, and technically it's my day off, but I cancelled my plans to go into uni today to take my own little snow day :colondollar:
Reply 77
Original post by chelseadagg3r
No official snow day, and technically it's my day off, but I cancelled my plans to go into uni today to take my own little snow day :colondollar:

Aw, that's cute :smile:
Original post by Reue
Came off my motorbike on ice yesterday so had a self-imposed snow day as I wasnt gonna risk it today!

Spoiler

Spoiler

Original post by Joe2001
Off school today and tomorrow. Honestly wish that I was in. Of about 200 weeks at my school, this is the one that I didn't want to miss at all. Just very busy at the moment and need to be in. Plus, it is boring being stuck at home anyway.

Seconded.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending