The Student Room Group

Bored runner? Want to try something new? Running in the snow

Now its snowing across the UK and a lot of people will use that as an excuse to stop running for a bit. I've done it before. However, today I went out for a walk in the snow and was almost finished and thought "f*ck it what the hell lets go for a run". It was very satisfying. I highly recommend it. Even wearing a thick padded coat and an almost empty bergen without drinking anything I completed it with relative ease. Now of course you need to look out for ice but where I am its still snowing so no chance of ice any time soon..... Give it a try if you're looking to try something new with your runs. Now granted I'm a keen runner albeit I've been struggling lately with the cold weather and I usually have to do it before seven in the morning but I think this is a good way to make the most of the weather. I did just under 3KM in not a bad time
I think I would freeze my fingers off.
Reply 2
Original post by DrawTheLine
I think I would freeze my fingers off.

I wore gloves.
Original post by qwertyK
I wore gloves.

Even with gloves I still feel the cold enough to be put off. Yes they are thick gloves too.
Just be careful because of the ice.
Reply 5
I've been running these last few days in the snow storm (down to -3 ish, -10 with wind chill), my face gets cold but I don't really notice it unless I'm running into the wind, and it's satisfying to have done! And I don't get too hot and sweaty which I hate

Quick Reply

Latest