The Student Room Group

What do the TSR team actually do at the HQ in Brighton?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by IDOZ
Are you an employee of TSR?
You have Comunity Assistant and welcome squad under your avatar

Nope - Community Assistants are volunteers, as are Support Team and Section Leader members. :smile:
Original post by Jack22031994
Nope - Community Assistants are volunteers, as are Support Team and Section Leader members. :smile:

Would you ever work for them if a chance was given?
Reply 22

I was thinking that was what it was
Original post by TheGirlFelonXxXx
Would you ever work for them if a chance was given?

Maybe (are you listetning TSR overlords?). Would mean moving to Brighton though, which would be okay for the right price :smile:,
Original post by IDOZ
It's not just TSR that do this you know

I know but TSR was the discussion at hand
Original post by IDOZ
I was thinking that was what it was

:smile:
Original post by Got Milk
Do they just sit in a room banning people and handing out warnings? I think its abit OTT to actually have a physical business location for such an averagely created site which functions like a project from W3Schools. Also since Im practically running the place there just isnt a need for it.

Seriously though, we have an office of about 60 people who help keep TSR ticking over. We have an incredible tech and development team who work their magic to update the site, make sure the site doesn't crash and created the app. We have a sales department as well as the client service team who work with our university partners. We have the lovely @CrazyKittenLady who is our incredible design guru who wacks together all the beautiful creative you see. Like most offices we have an HR team and an office manager, who organise lots of fun TSR days out. We have an out of hours moderation team who work around the clock to try to make sure community guideline are met. Lastly we having the marketing team, which fall into 3 categories, B2B (bussiness to bussiness) who work closely with unis, Digital, who check things like SEO (search engineer optimisation) email etc, and lastly the Community Team, who create content (articles, social, threads) help manage the online community, work with people like Parliament to share your opinions, and (whether you believe it or not) fight your corner, sharing student's opinions across various news outlets (shout out @discobish ) , to university boards and pastoral care charities like student minds.
Original post by Got Milk
since Im practically running the place there just isnt a need for it.

I feel @ChrisN may beg to differ...
Original post by Danny Dorito

Getting the big boss involved are we? :wink: :tongue:

Wait wat??? He's the owner of TSR? Like he thought of it?
Reply 30
@Jack22031994

Are you at TSR HQ, or are you working from home?
Seriously though, we have an office of about 60 people who help keep TSR ticking over. We have an incredible tech and development team who work their magic to update the site and ensure the site doesn't crash. We have a sales team as well as the client service team who work with our university partners. We have the lovely @CrazyKittenLady who is our incredible design guru who wacks up all the beautiful creative you see. Like most offices we have an HR team and an office manager, who organise lots of fun TSR days out. We have an out of hours moderation team who work around the clock to try to make sure community guideline are met. Lastly we having the marketing team, which fall into 3 categorys, B2B (bussiness to bussiness) who work closely with unis, Digital, who check things like SEO (search engineer optimisation) email etc, and lastly the Community Team, who create content (articles, social, threads) help manage the online community, work with people like Parliament to share your opinions, and (whether you believe it or not) fight your corner, sharing student's opinions across various news outlets, to university board and pastoral care charities.

ahem you've forgotten someone
Original post by jenhasdreams

Who are you?

We also get these amazing spreadsheets but i think they just appear automatically or something :dontknow:
Original post by IDOZ
@Jack22031994

Are you at TSR HQ, or are you working from home?

Home! :smile:
Original post by TheGirlFelonXxXx
Wait wat??? He's the owner of TSR? Like he thought of it?

He is defo the current CEO and Chairman as well as the majority shareholder I believe

Tsr was founded by a guy called Charles Dellingpole in 2002.

OMG NOOOOO! Jenny how could I have missed you! Literally the data goddess who can genuinely predict the future. I think her and our SEO guy are part of an under grown secret MENSA data cult. They.know.everything!
So why is is 60 people? Why can't it be 70?
Reply 37
Home! :smile:

Cool.

No mean to sound too personal - but how far away from TSR HQ do you live? (You don't have to answer specificly)

And there's also an amazing person who has the best job ever just dealing with all the spreadsheets and statistics and if we ask her really nicely she lets us see them :love:
Original post by IDOZ
Cool.

No mean to sound too personal - but how far away from TSR HQ do you live? (You don't have to answer specificly)

umm probably around 140 miles give or take a few :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest