The Student Room Group

Choosing A-Levels for Law

I’m currently in Y11 and I’m taking my GCSEs and my school has advised us to start thinking about what we want to do at college. Going to Cambridge is my academic goal and I was wondering what A-Levels would be good to take in order to study law there.

I only want to take 3 options as people have told me that there’s no point in me doing 4 as it won’t put me at any advantage.

I was thinking of doing English Lit, Spanish and Psychology. However I’ve read that history is a really good subject to have and I am studying it at GCSE and I enjoy but I’m scared that the workload will be too much if I have history and English lit.

What are your opinions?
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by Zuko22
I’m currently in Y11 and I’m taking my GCSEs and my school has advised us to start thinking about what we want to do at college. Going to Cambridge is my academic goal and I was wondering what A-Levels would be good to take in order to study law there.

I only want to take 3 options as people have told me that there’s no point in me doing 4 as it won’t put me at any advantage.

I was thinking of doing English Lit, Spanish and Psychology. However I’ve read that history is a really good subject to have and I am studying it at GCSE and I enjoy but I’m scared that the workload will be too much if I have history and English lit.

What are your opinions?

Definitely English and one other essay subject
Original post by Zuko22

What are your opinions?

History, English and Mathematics is statistically the most successful combination for Cambridge Law
Original post by grmonaghan56
Definitely English and one other essay subject

Would psychology count as a good essay subject do you think?
Original post by Kyber Ninja
History, English and Mathematics is statistically the most successful combination for Cambridge Law

Okay thanks:smile:
Reply 5
Original post by Zuko22
Would psychology count as a good essay subject do you think?

i would agree too and guys is anyone here has done or is currently doing AQA A2 law ? PLEASE let me know i've got a burning question to ask

Quick Reply

Latest