The Student Room Group

UNIQ Summer School 2018

Hi, just got accepted on to the UNIQ summer school studying PPE. Just wondered if anyone else has a place, or if people who have been could share helpful tips and experiences?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I got accepted to the Spring Humanities strand, so excited! My sister did UNIQ for History in 2016(?) and she said it was a really good experience, just be proactive and speak to as many people as you can.

What were your GCSE grades/A Level target grades if you don't mind me asking?
Reply 2
Congratulations! I got 10 A*s and an A at GCSE, and roughly targeted A* A A for English lit, history and politics.
Reply 3
Original post by Nxncydooley
Congratulations! I got 10 A*s and an A at GCSE, and roughly targeted A* A A for English lit, history and politics.

That's amazing! I didn't even do that many GCSEs aha. Best of luck with everything this year ! x
Reply 4
thank you! You too! x
I got accepted for Uniq Spring (politics), I know it's ungrateful but I really wanted to do the summer PPE programme but oh well.
Original post by voo
I got accepted to the Spring Humanities strand, so excited! My sister did UNIQ for History in 2016(?) and she said it was a really good experience, just be proactive and speak to as many people as you can.

What were your GCSE grades/A Level target grades if you don't mind me asking?

i got accepted onto spring humanities too!
Rejected for bio </3
Aha so have I? Who's ready for the party in my room?! Jokes obvs Im well excited
Jokes obvs
I got accepted for German (15th - 20th July)
Original post by phosphene
Rejected for bio </3

Me too
Original post by Nxncydooley

Hey I also want to study PPE, I got 10A*s and have picked History, Maths, English Lit and Politics for my A levels. Maybe we are twins lol.
Does anyone know why decisions were sent out earlier than it said on the website?
Reply 14
Rejected for Q step politics.

Not surprised as I don't meet any of the low socio-economic criteria based on postcode, parents attending uni etc.

Time4twice, I am sure you will have a great time. I want to study politics and the Q step programme really interested me as I love maths. Not interested in PPE, well the P and E elements anyway!

Well done to all those with places.
Rejected for Computer Science :frown:
I know it’s a competitive program but it’s hard to not feel a bit worthless...
Congratulations to all who got in!
Original post by JMR2018
Hey I also want to study PPE, I got 10A*s and have picked History, Maths, English Lit and Politics for my A levels. Maybe we are twins lol.

very similar, maybe we are!!
Reply 17
Rejected for physics. Oh well
Anybody who got accepted for biochemistry feel free to message me and we can start making a group chat :smile:
Rejected for chemistry. Not really surprised.

I wouldn’t be so bothered if I hadn’t had a second opportunity snatched away this week. However, I am going to a study day in March. The thing I’m most interested in though is when the invites to UNIQ Digital are being sent out. I’m presuming that these are out at a later date and I honestly can’t wait to get stuck in.

Quick Reply

Latest